swapping carburator on tecumseh power sport ohh65

joshua. c.

there's a lot that can be done to this engine. there's a billet rod for it threw arc racing and there used to be a hole line of racing parts for it but they are hard to find now. and if you pull a steal cam out of an hs50 flathead Tecumseh it will fit this engine and you can have it re ground for more power. there was a short racing intake for this engine once designed to run a tillotson carb. but I don't know where to find one. or what carb it was. on mine I recently board out the intake tube to the same diameter as the port all the way down for better flow and strapped a 10 hp Tecumseh flathead carb on it and it worked perfect. loads more power and no more than 5 minutes to get the jet screws set right and no mods to the throttle system needed. I had good gains but mind you I've heavily modified the engine large valves, stiffer springs, higher lift cam, port work, trimming advance, shaved head and a header. this engine rips. your engine may react differently if its not as heavily modified. and for a better exhaust check out the ones made by Roberson torque tubes. he has some headers for this engine and can even make custom headers and doesn't charge a lot extra for them. I've also seen mikuni carbs mounted on this engine but it takes a custom intake to do so and I don't currently have a source to get one.

this picture was before the new carb, also I changed out the air filter for one made for the 10 hp carb. as well. and that pipe was custom. its a 2 pace pipe with a removable end for easier storage.

trike rear.JPG