Symco 2020

For those familiar with the event a new set of rules is in place for this years event.

This was an email we sent out yesterday about Symco.

Hey everyone! It's Symco 2020 time! I am emailing you because you were either a minibike volunteer last year or you registered to race.

We are in need of volunteers to keep the minibike races going at Symco! Please take a moment to look at the link below and sign up to help out. Remember 3 hours gets you your wristband and staff shirt and 6 hours gets you that plus your camping.

We have made quite a few changes to minibikes this year. Due to the last few years of issues, we had no other choice! Last year alone we had 12 minibike riders receive medical attention via Manawa medics and the ambulance. All 12 of the people who were injured were under the age of 21 and 10 of those were under 16 years of age. That is 3 times the amount of injuries we have ever had at our show. In many cases we couldn't locate the parents of these kids as well. We have also had many complaints of people driving too fast through the camp grounds and making spectators move out of their way instead of them watching for spectators.

Although we understand this is not everyone, it ruins the fun for all minibike riders. We have no choice but to start enforcing the following rules.

1. No joy riding on the minibikes anywhere on Symco Grounds (this is defined but not limited to, camping area, parking, swap meet, and show grounds). You will ONLY be allowed to ride 30 minutes before and after the races

2. Races are as follows; Saturday 10 am and 4 pm (flat track)

3. ALL bikes will need a tag on them when you enter the grounds. You will receive one warning and the next time we see you riding around the Manawa Sherriff's Dept will be issuing citations

We will evaluate how things go this year and determine if we can bring back some "joy riding", stick with races only, or eliminate minibikes all together for the Symco Weekender.

I am sure this isn't the news you wanted to hear, but we aren't sure how to alleviate the issues. We ran several posts on facebook asking people to step up to head up the minibikes, but only one person did.

We are looking into a separate show in September at Symco for minibikes only, because we do enjoy them. Please keep your eye on upcoming details.

In the meantime, we still need help to make the races successful at Symco Weekender!

Thanks for your understanding and help!

O.J.Didit

Man this is bad news. Have buddies over that way with rods and bikes and was planning on going this year but now I think I'm going to pass.

Its a shame that people don't know how to act and parents let their grubby little kids run wild.

Oh Well....O.J.