Symco shakedown drags 2015

Anybody going to the symco shakedown drags this weekend? It's a 125ft in hard clay. I've heard reports of as many as 60 bikes there last year. I'm headed up with my stroker predator bike.

delray

nice briggster, must be running in the exhibition class with wheelie bars and a stroker motor(10+hp) i will have to look for you....:thumbsup: what do you think you can run in 125ft (times)4-5 second's

LONG

yup. gotta have at least 2 mods also. I 've camped there in the vintage camping area a few years. volunteered multiple shifts. bath in the creek. drink plenty of bourbon. eat some of that boondocks pizza. midnight bicycle cruises. only drove my car up once and got in. about 350 miles one way. there are some cool generators there, that actually get fired up.
IMG-20130809-00092.jpg IMG_0713.JPG

delray

yes tons of stuff to see. minibike drags up there have become very big for the show. alot of people go saturday just to watch the minibikes run. it has come part of the show. one of the few places that run 125ft on dirt/clay. makes it lot more interesting and challenging for the guys that run on it.

nice briggster, must be running in the exhibition class with wheelie bars and a stroker motor(10+hp) i will have to look for you....:thumbsup: what do you think you can run in 125ft (times)4-5 second's
Never have timed any of my runs yet. I know on asphalt it will lift the front end the first 15ft no matter how much I lean forward. Wheelie bars get put to good use.

just got back didnt get my speedway done in time but bought a killer 5 hp flathead mini while there that was one of the most reliable and good running bikes ive had did the parade and was gonna race it but the races got cancelled due to to much rain I bought it from a vender that was letting Briggtser use his space to keep his bike great guy but I forget his screen name

just got back didnt get my speedway done in time but bought a killer 5 hp flathead mini while there that was one of the most reliable and good running bikes ive had did the parade and was gonna race it but the races got cancelled due to to much rain I bought it from a vender that was letting Briggtser use his space to keep his bike great guy but I forget his screen name
Not only did SimpleTom let me park my bikes in his spot, but after he was done swapping he let me setup camp in his vendor spot! Awesome guy for sure! Super knowledgable guy. I got some early bayonet style briggs gas caps from him. I agree with you though. As many bikes as there were, they should have done something. I swapped in the deep v-groove tire. I was ready toplay inthe mud.

Last edited:
Simple Tom that was the guy,,sold me a great bike and if I knew his shirts were for sale I would have bout one THANKS SIMPLE TOM
It was great meeting you Vic. I wish I could have spent more time talking mini bikes. I'm glad you like the bike. :thumbsup: Now next year I want to see you race it.

By the way if you are interested in my shirts you can purchase one here>>> Home

Not only did SimpleTom let me park my bikes in his spot, but after he was done swapping he let me setup camp in his vendor spot! Awesome guy for sure! Super knowledgable guy. I got some early bayonet style briggs gas caps from him. I agree with you though. As many bikes as there were, they should have done something. I swapped in the deep v-groove tire. I was ready to play in the mud.
Thanks Justin! It was great meeting you and your buddy. Too bad you didn't get to run. I'll bet one of you would have won the whole thing. Awesome bikes!

Next year if you come up and need a place to camp you're welcome to set up again.

Hey look! There's my Powerdyne I sold. Was that where you registered for the racing?

tom thanks Ill get a shirt at payday time also will have the green bike back and hopefully my speedway done for next year will come see you in the swap on thursday!!