t555trailblazer's - Bonanza powered by Chrysler……… Power bee 700 - (Vintage Class)

Thanks OND for the suggestion… The engine is CCW rotation. I would always have the PTO on the same side. Just deciding which direction to point the exhaust and carburetor. Either carburetor forward or rotate the engine and point the carburetor towards the rear of the bike..... if I'm thinking correctly.
I'm so inexperienced on these engines, I never even considered flipping it over in the mount. :laugh: You might consider running the exhaust up, and back as an expansion chamber, remembering these engines need to breathe, and they do spit oil.

I've heard that the Tillys idle much better with the stack down, but they run any which way. You just have to make sure the reed cage ports line up and are flipped commensurately. I appreciate you posting up the detail, (and OND's comments) as it helps me in my build as well.

If you're able to fabricate the exhaust to clear, go for it. :thumbsup:

Fenders in good shape but some flaking/scratching too deep to polish out. Cleaned off some of the heavy rust on the bottom side....... Dropped them off today at a local chrome shop. They do excellent work but have a long waiting list. Was told 12 to 16 weeks before I get them back. Told him about my build off deadline and he assured me I'll get them back in time. Got my fingers crossed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got inside the engine today. Checked the bearings,crank, rod and all the other good stuff in there. Everything looks tight and the engine has good compression[emoji846]

Just finished reading 30 pages on the twin 820 bike. Super crazy!!
Did anybody ever hear the numbers it ran???
Thanks,
Mike
Hey Mike, I agree that bike is Super crazy!! I'm sure someone knows more about the numbers. The whole thread was great! A must read for Bonanza fans. The current owner of the bike sure has a outstanding collection of Bonanza's.

Just need to come up with a flange that converts the rectangular exhaust port shape to a round tube in a short space and then curve the tube towards the rear of the bike.

This will do what you need for the exhaust if you want to fabricate the flange. Its a tight mandrel bent 1 inch tubing. Split it down the middle of the 90 and make it as wide as the port and flair the end or narrow it down to a round pipe of the size you choose. They are sold out at the moment but he should get more. Email and ask him.

1" 90 Degree Mandrel Bend Mild Steel Exhaust Tube Tight Radius Made USA | eBay

This will do what you need for the exhaust if you want to fabricate the flange. Its a tight mandrel bent 1 inch tubing. Split it down the middle of the 90 and make it as wide as the port and flair the end or narrow it down to a round pipe of the size you choose. They are sold out at the moment but he should get more. Email and ask him.

1" 90 Degree Mandrel Bend Mild Steel Exhaust Tube Tight Radius Made USA | eBay
Thanks, FOMOGO........ Very Helpful !!!

Been doing a little engine cleaning – polishing. I started out just wanting to do a couple small areas on the block and then this happen. Still have a lot more to do…… So many little nooks and crannies that are almost impossible to get