Taco 22

Well even though I sold the Taco 22 for $1780 I just found out that Ebay charged me $232 for there fee WOW !
That seems really high. Between eBay and Paypal the seller's fees would have been about 10% of the selling price- $ 178.00 in your case. Have seller's fees gone up that much recently?
Michael

capguncowboy

That seems really high. Between eBay and Paypal the seller's fees would have been about 10% of the selling price- $ 178.00 in your case. Have seller's fees gone up that much recently?
Michael
Now that Ebay stopped allowing sellers to get their money via Paypal, the fees have gone up.

Ebay now charges 12.55% of all sales, which sounds like less than what it used to be (10% to eBay and $.29 + 2.9% to PayPal), but there's a sneaky catch. Ebay charges 12.55% on the total payment, including the portion of the payment made up from shipping and any sales tax they collect. This means I end up paying about 1.5% per sale more than the actual 12.55% they advertise. 14% starts to feel like a a lot

I've recently started selling stuff on Mercari. They only charge commission on the portion of the sale that goes to me. They never charge commission on sales tax or shipping charges. That's how it should be. There doesn't seem to be much in the way of mini bikes on there, but I sell a lot of video games and electronics on there. It's a much easier process through and through

mustangfrank

Now that Ebay stopped allowing sellers to get their money via Paypal, the fees have gone up.

Ebay now charges 12.55% of all sales, which sounds like less than what it used to be (10% to eBay and $.29 + 2.9% to PayPal), but there's a sneaky catch. Ebay charges 12.55% on the total payment, including the portion of the payment made up from shipping and any sales tax they collect. This means I end up paying about 1.5% per sale more than the actual 12.55% they advertise. 14% starts to feel like a a lot

I've recently started selling stuff on Mercari. They only charge commission on the portion of the sale that goes to me. They never charge commission on sales tax or shipping charges. That's how it should be. There doesn't seem to be much in the way of mini bikes on there, but I sell a lot of video games and electronics on there. It's a much easier process through and through
Some categories are less but nothing I sell in. I calculated 13% on this sale, you can't beat the traffic eBay gets still.

The worst part of their takeover for me has been the time to get funds to my bank, Paypal was getting money to me same day or next at most, if I sell something on a Friday now it won't reach my bank until Wednesday.

capguncowboy

Exactly get charged 14% to sell an item ,and then you funds get held.Sad thing about my deal my buyer was local
Some categories are less but nothing I sell in. I calculated 13% on this sale, you can't beat the traffic eBay gets still.

The worst part of their takeover for me has been the time to get funds to my bank, Paypal was getting money to me same day or next at most, if I sell something on a Friday now it won't reach my bank until Wednesday.
Yeah, they're still holding funds for me too -- and I was a power seller for years. I used to get my money the second someone made a payment. Now it takes a minimum of 3 business days, sometimes longer depending on the amount.

Robertt8883

It sucks I I was wrong on what they took out from me.My Taco 22 sold for $1780 I received a message from Ebay that my money
is being released today in the amount of $14333 that 20% I am done with Ebay ripoffs. they took out $ 347

mustangfrank

It sucks I I was wrong on what they took out from me.My Taco 22 sold for $1780 I received a message from Ebay that my money
is being released today in the amount of $14333 that 20% I am done with Ebay ripoffs. they took out $ 347
Did you have a reserve price on it? They nail you for an extra 7.5% on those now. Category you listed in was for antique motorcycle parts but still should have been around 13%. Check your seller account, you pay fees on the TOTAL eBay collects from the buyer including taxes. I've been struggling with that last issue for a couple years since PayPal started doing it as well.

Robertt8883

Thanks I just called Ebay.On my sale the Taco sold for $1780 .Ebay charged $242 for the sale and a extra $120 for having a reserve.I sold
my Bonanza MB1210 on Ebay a week ago for $1800 and the buyer refused to pay taxes

mustangfrank

Thanks I just called Ebay.On my sale the Taco sold for $1780 .Ebay charged $242 for the sale and a extra $120 for having a reserve.I sold
my Bonanza MB1210 on Ebay a week ago for $1800 and the buyer refused to pay taxes
Yeah, they have made it really confusing and very much in their favor within the last year. I think the way to go with them now is a Ebay Motors Powersports vehicle listing if the bike is worth 1000k+. Otherwise set the starting bid at your "reserve" price to dodge that fee.

Yes, as he should have because he was out of state, out of country.