Taco Engine Color

I'm starting to dig into my T-100 build and would like to know what you guys have found is the best match for the silver Taco used on their 5HP Briggs. I did a search but didn't come up with much. I really don't want to spray bomb it, I want to do a nice, quality single stage job on it. Any recommendations is appreciated. Thanks! :thumbsup:

[MENTION=11]Neck[/MENTION] used a dupli color silver. Can't remember what he told me it was though. I need some for mine as well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rustoleum Engine Enamel # 248949 "Aluminum", followed by Rustoleum Engine Enamel 248944 "Clear"
If you do your prep work thoroughly/properly and coat it with a few light coats of Rustoleum Engine Enamel # 249410 "Primer" BEFORE you apply the paint coats(to promote adhesion) you will end up with a beautiful job that looks nearly identical to the OEM Taco engine color. We have used this method on MANY Briggs engines over the years with excellent results. Just a FYI: This paint has become very hard to find in our local "brick and mortar" stores. We order it online in bulk from Summit Racing. Even with shipping it ends up being cheaper than what it would cost in a store, if you could even find it.
Michael
Michael

Thanks for the replies. How is the durability with gas, oil, etc.? I've never had much luck with spray bombs on engines.
I recommend a catalyzed clear such as Eastwoods 2k. Best results I've found for oil and fuel resistance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the replies. How is the durability with gas, oil, etc.? I've never had much luck with spray bombs on engines.
Our experiences with the Rustoleum is that while it is oil and gas "RESISTANT", it is definitely not oil and gas "PROOf". It will survive a gas spill for a few minutes if you GENTLY wipe or (better) blot the gas off. Prolonged contact with gas and/or aggressive wiping off of the gas and you will start softening and removing paint. You just have to exercise a bit of care and it is fine.
Michael

Thanks for all the replies. I picked up a generic GM metallic in PPG single stage urethane I think will look pretty nice. The metallic is really flat which is what I was looking for. I had nothing to match it against, so I guessed.

Davis

Thanks for all the replies. I picked up a generic GM metallic in PPG single stage urethane I think will look pretty nice. The metallic is really flat which is what I was looking for. I had nothing to match it against, so I guessed.
Good on ya goin two part paint and not redneck rattle can that is the correct way and I've had good luck doing motors in single stage so far.