Taco "Frijole" 1969 style frame

Nice 2 builds at once were in the same boat ..... I see were pretty close is there any local guys you recommend that can help me with a drag build ?

Dan-E-boy

Nice 2 builds at once were in the same boat ..... I see were pretty close is there any local guys you recommend that can help me with a drag build ?
drag bikes are a whole different animal that I don't know much about, I went to GT's Hobbies when I had to do upgrades on a predator engine. Last time I went, Ralph was building a Drag Frame..

Dan-E-boy

today I didn't go to work so I was able to jump on a few projects including this frijole.. I cleaned up some minor issues the frame and forks had then shot them with a couple light coats of quick dry primer.. then later I came back to it and sanded it for a bit then shot the purple.. now they will sit and dry while I work on the wheels, brake and hardware so when I'm done with that, it will be ready to build into a roller..:thumbsup:

typical taco purple.. looks blue in the pic but in person its purple:shrug:

1stlegendtx

today I didn't go to work so I was able to jump on a few projects including this frijole.. I cleaned up some minor issues the frame and forks had then shot them with a couple light coats of quick dry primer.. then later I came back to it and sanded it for a bit then shot the purple.. now they will sit and dry while I work on the wheels, brake and hardware so when I'm done with that, it will be ready to build into a roller..:thumbsup:

typical taco purple.. looks blue in the pic but in person its purple:shrug:

Just outstanding!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Dan-E-boy

what the hell happened to this thread? lol.

Ok, I know I did an update on this a while ago of the bike being built into a roller with alot of pics.. not sure what happened but even the pics are out of my frijole album :crying:. I deleted most of them from my phone because I put them here.. these are 3 that I didn't delete. First is of the wheels all cleaned up with nos double Indian head tires and the next two are of the roller all put together minus the seat..

It's been sitting that way for a while so I decided to jump on the engine. I had a 3hp briggs that was running nice so I just put new gaskets in and cleaned it all up.. Here are some pics of the engine after I painted it and was putting it together along with the decals..

Still need to paint the air cleaner and waiting for the muffler, then the engine will be ready to go.. had to put the briggs in the frame just to check out how it looked. Here's the bike sitting next to its older brother the Taco33.

I still need to make mounts for the clutch cover ..waiting on a seat that I just ordered but that won't come in for a while...this bike is getting close though.. thanks for looking.

CarPlayLB

As always Danny, you're giving us something to shoot for, setting the bar a bit high for us! Your work looks great, and you're making it look too easy.

Dan-E-boy

This frijole has officially been re-fried!!!

finally got the seat in!! while I was waiting for it I finished the engine and installed the clutch cover.. I like to use these little inserts for my seats rather then wood screws or preset screws that usually don't match up.

after the seat went on, I hooked up the throttle and took these finished pics..:punk::clap::punk::freakout:

then took a couple next to its older brother the taco33...

just want to thank everyone for all the nice comments on this build.. on to the next one!!

Dan-E-boy, so I'm looking at these pics of your redid 69 Taco Frijole, and my wife comes out sees me on the floor in a fetal position, writhing in pain like the opening scene from Apocalypse Now..........ok that's bullshit! But that is how this minibike makes me feel: kinda funny inside. Wow! Such a great job, it took til the pain wore off some even to notice the other minibike, which my eyes musta got effected by the first one, because I can't figure it out. Is that a whole engine and rear wheel assembly with no front support connected only by rear suspension and a chain?? Am I that sick???

I have to be careful what I read here, this stuff is beginning to tear me up. And I ain't even cracked open the 2015 OldMiniBikes Build Off yet.:laugh::laugh:

Dan-E-boy

They look great!! Is the next one the t100 ?
Thanks Man! still want to finish the Barris before I get started on anything else. Also found a couple bikes this week that are pulling my attention away from the t100 at the moment.

Gorgeous! luv the threaded inserts idea :thumbsup:
Thank you, I learned that trick from Mac. He's the man!

Great work, they both look awesome.
Thank you.

They do look good great .. Nice Job !!:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Thanks

Dan-E-boy, so I'm looking at these pics of your redid 69 Taco Frijole, and my wife comes out sees me on the floor in a fetal position, writhing in pain like the opening scene from Apocalypse Now..........ok that's bullshit! But that is how this minibike makes me feel: kinda funny inside. Wow! Such a great job, it took til the pain wore off some even to notice the other minibike, which my eyes musta got effected by the first one, because I can't figure it out. Is that a whole engine and rear wheel assembly with no front support connected only by rear suspension and a chain?? Am I that sick???

I have to be careful what I read here, this stuff is beginning to tear me up. And I ain't even cracked open the 2015 OldMiniBikes Build Off yet.:laugh::laugh:
Lol thanks for the nice comments. I like seeing people's reaction to the taco 33. One guy at the last minibike show was waving his hand where the down tube would be thinking that maybe I used a fishing string or something to hold it together Lol.. there is a bracket that bolts to the top of the engine and to the mid section of the frame that acts as a pivot point. Not the best design idea, frames would brake there so that's why it's so rare..