Taco frijole

Hello guys, new here on the forum!

So in May of 2016 I travelled to California from Finland and brought with me a minibike in my suitcase. I had it up for display at Finlands biggest American car show this year (Didn't win any prices, damn it).

Now I'm really getting into fabrication and thinking of building a new frame, and the Taco Frijole seems to be an "easy enough build". Still need to figure out how to get a sprocket to fit my wheelbarrow wheel. :eek:ut:

Is there a chance someone could give me some rough dimensions to the Frijole as minibikes are really not a thing over here so can't have a look at any ones bike. :no: I'm picking up a new tube bender tomorrow.

-Andy

IMG-20180203-WA0013.jpg
photo...jpg

Since Taco Frijole bikes are in business selling bikes, kits and parts, some folks might be reluctant to pass the information on. You picked an outstanding design imho.
Hope this helps,
Steve

Thanks Dave for the link. I gotta get more forum-savy this winter.
The last time I googled Taco22 mini bikes a web site came up that had products for sale. IF I remember right, some products were unavailable at this time. I believe they had frames, etc. targeting folks that want kit bikes.
Hope this helps,
Steve

Thanks for all the replys!

Here's a pictures from yesterdays build. We just basically eyeballed the whole thing using measurements from my old minibike. Do you guys use ballbearings in the the steering neck or can it be done without one? I remember that my minibike would not have had any bearings in the neck (azusa).

20180922_193327_resized.jpg

Thanks for the information, going to try first without bearings as the neck won't fit a bearing. Great looking bike Dave! :thumbsup:
Do you know if the bike will hold up as the tubing i used was only 0,60 wall thickness? next bike i will build with thicker tubing

Thanks for the information, going to try first without bearings as the neck won't fit a bearing. Great looking bike Dave! :thumbsup:
Do you know if the bike will hold up as the tubing i used was only 0,60 wall thickness? next bike i will build with thicker tubing
.060 is pretty thin. I am repairing a very closely related bike right now with .875 outer diameter tube and .080 wall. It is a 58 year old bike, but along the way, the tubing has broke and been repaired. This occurs mostly on the down tube.

If you are using 1 inch (25mm) outer diameter tubing, then maybe it will hold up. The bike above, I am repairing with .130 wall, which is over-kill.

Also, the frame I posted a photo of was 1 inch by .120 wall and very strong. And very heavy.

Perhaps if you use the thicker wall only on the down tube (from neck down to bottom hoop of frame) it will be okay. Just some thoughts. I am glad to see you attempting this build, and so far it looks good.