Taco minibikes

Hello wanting to build a Taco 44-100 model not looking for a 22 . Want jack shaft frame . Looking frame & forks & wheels to get started but am open to anything you may have. I live in central California near Modesto. Thank you . Ken mcfetridge
Ken- I have an taco 44 3rd series which I started- It's a 1970 already power coated and new forks install has shocks rims tires- almost compete except engine- I'm in auburn ca-Bryan

Attachments

Ken- I have an taco 44 3rd series which I started- It's a 1970 already power coated and new forks install has shocks rims tires- almost compete except engine- I'm in auburn ca-Bryan
Aww man that would have been perfect Bryan . Ended up getting a 1969 T44 about 5 weeks ago . Thank you for your reply . You mentioned new forks ? Mine were in bad shape had to destroy the lower tubes and springs to get them off . Was able to make new lowers still looking for springs . Does someone offer new reproduction forks? Thank you for time bryan . Just out of curiosity what is the price for 44? Thank you

Aww man that would have been perfect Bryan . Ended up getting a 1969 T44 about 5 weeks ago . Thank you for your reply . You mentioned new forks ? Mine were in bad shape had to destroy the lower tubes and springs to get them off . Was able to make new lowers still looking for springs . Does someone offer new reproduction forks? Thank you for time bryan . Just out of curiosity what is the price for 44? Thank you
For forks contact Joe Rivello @ Taco Minibikes 800-564-8226

Oh ok thank you ! I have bought a few items from joe Recently. But was not aware that he had that style fork for sale I will give him an email thank you for your time again.
I had springs made who makes springs- I had a few lowers made by me and power coated- I have one fork left that I made- what did you pay for your 44- was it compete- I maybe asking to cheap at $1600

Attachments

I had springs made who makes springs- I had a few lowers made by me and power coated- I have one fork left that I made- what did you pay for your 44- was it compete- I maybe asking to cheap at $1600
Morning Bryan. I paid $575 for the bike I’m currently trying to restore it’s pretty rough I spent $135 to have it shipped from Pennsylvania I believe so I have a bout $710 or something like that in the little bike at this point. I think the 1600 is definitely not overpriced by any means I’m sure I’ll have two grand in this thing by the time I’m done . I emailed Joe yesterday and he got back to me saying that he does not make those forks as there’s not much demand for them but is currently working on making some lowers and springs and possibly will make some forks in the near future. I think I’ll be able to use the upper portion of my forks. But had to destroy the lowers to get them apart as they were rusted/fused together. By any chance would you be interested in selling a pair of your lowers? Thank you for your time . Kindly Ken Mcfetridge

Attachments

Morning Bryan. I paid $575 for the bike I’m currently trying to restore it’s pretty rough I spent $135 to have it shipped from Pennsylvania I believe so I have a bout $710 or something like that in the little bike at this point. I think the 1600 is definitely not overpriced by any means I’m sure I’ll have two grand in this thing by the time I’m done . I emailed Joe yesterday and he got back to me saying that he does not make those forks as there’s not much demand for them but is currently working on making some lowers and springs and possibly will make some forks in the near future. I think I’ll be able to use the upper portion of my forks. But had to destroy the lowers to get them apart as they were rusted/fused together. By any chance would you be interested in selling a pair of your lowers? Thank you for your time . Kindly Ken Mcfetridge
Ken- I made a lot extra ones - are you going purple? they look good for me- I'll get a better pic of them- looks like a pretty good start on that frame- Bryan-where you located

Ken- I made a lot extra ones - are you going purple? they look good for me- I'll get a better pic of them- looks like a pretty good start on that frame- Bryan-where you located
Yes Bryan Definitely going purple. I made a pair of lowers also but had to destroy one side to get it off the upper part of the forks and I couldn’t salvage the fixed short spring piece on one side and not sure where I would find that size spring. I’ll enclose a picture of what I made. But would be definitely interested in purchasing a set. Thank you so much for your reply back. Ken

Attachments

Ken- I'm thirteen again- got it running with test engine

Attachments

Yes Bryan Definitely going purple. I made a pair of lowers also but had to destroy one side to get it off the upper part of the forks and I couldn’t salvage the fixed short spring piece on one side and not sure where I would find that size spring. I’ll enclose a picture of what I made. But would be definitely interested in purchasing a set. Thank you so much for your reply back. Ken
Mine have more tapper ending like the originals one- wall thickness increased for strength- will get back to you shortly I have to run now(daughters house window molding install) thx Bryan

Mine have more tapper ending like the originals one- wall thickness increased for strength- will get back to you shortly I have to run now(daughters house window molding install) thx Bryan
OK thank you Bryan . Ya wasn’t real happy with the transformation from the round into the flat portion at the bottom of the lower fork tubes but that’s about the best I could do. Lol

Good morning bryan. Hey is there a chance that you would possibly sell a pair of the lower fork tubes that you built ? Thank you for your time . Kindly Ken Mcfetridge