Taco Super Trail 100!!!

I can't find a serial number on it anywhere! And the usual spot, where it should be, doesn't look like its been ground off.
-A few more pics.

It's not the original color, but I like the way this looks better.
They look better in person, it's graphite metallic flake wheel paint from the parts store.

I don't think I'll paint it any time soon, I like the way it's looking so far. I bought the shocks from Surplus Center, they're pretty stiff, but that's ok cause I'm 230lbs! I still need a front brake cable, probably have to have one made. I have some footpegs started, but still not sure exactly how they're gonna end up. The rear brake pedal is still up in the air. I have a decent running Briggs 5hp that'll work for now, and a few others with potential. More pics in my photo albums.

markus

Looks good :thumbsup: Unless there is a better option I think you can manipulate a set of Z50 boots on those style forks. they are a little shorter but they can be found easily and really inexpensive. I had tried them on a bike that used those tiawan made forks in the past:

OEM next to my Z50 K1

on the fork leg:

few years ago it was said that the guy that had the remaining Gemini Parts stock still had one NOS set left and was going to to try and have them repopped, but I never heard anything more on it.

Last edited:

CarPlayLB

If you decide to part that out I can use a few pieces!:laugh:

I am working (slowly) on an ST100 as well. Mine does have the serial number right where you are looking. Yours is looking good! I am hoping these are nice riding bikes.

With the myriad of people here that will be telling us what color these were originally, can you tell me if the blue is the original color? Mine was painted red over blue, but had purple as a base color. I may just do mine purple as "all Taco's are purple" ...right?

I will be keeping an eye on this...and will let you be the "guinea pig"! Good luck with your build. If I can help with anything, please let me know. I do have a drawing of the OG brake lever that I can email to you if needed. Another member here, LSCustoms, has an ST100 and may be fabbing some brake levers. I know he has been out of commission lately, but I am sure he'll be back at it soon. I will keep you in mind!

Looks good :thumbsup: Unless there is a better option I think you can manipulate a set of Z50 boots on those style forks. they are a little shorter but they can be found easily and really inexpensive. I had tried them on a bike that used those tiawan made forks in the past:........
few years ago it was said that the guy that had the remaining Gemini Parts stock still had one NOS set left and was going to to try and have them repopped, but I never heard anything more on it.
Thanks!!! I forgot about the fork boots until I started putting things together the other day. I already planned on trying the repop z50 boots off ebay, I think they'll work ok.

If you decide to part that out I can use a few pieces!:laugh:

I am working (slowly) on an ST100 as well. Mine does have the serial number right where you are looking. Yours is looking good! I am hoping these are nice riding bikes.

With the myriad of people here that will be telling us what color these were originally, can you tell me if the blue is the original color? Mine was painted red over blue, but had purple as a base color. I may just do mine purple as "all Taco's are purple" ...right?

I will be keeping an eye on this...and will let you be the "guinea pig"! Good luck with your build. If I can help with anything, please let me know. I do have a drawing of the OG brake lever that I can email to you if needed. Another member here, LSCustoms, has an ST100 and may be fabbing some brake levers. I know he has been out of commission lately, but I am sure he'll be back at it soon. I will keep you in mind!
Hello Eric, I guess you don't remember me, I already sold you the extra parts I had!!!:laugh: The original color seems to be taco purple, with two different coats of blue over that. If and/or when I paint it, I'll probably go with a blue like it is now. I think I'll try and make my own brake pedal, should be easy enough right? Thanks for the kind words!!! ---Steven.

CarPlayLB

Dude! Of course I remember you! I have the freshly chrome plated fork legs from you! I still have a long way to go on mine, but then again I am also working on three other bikes!

Dude! Of course I remember you! I have the freshly chrome plated fork legs from you! I still have a long way to go on mine, but then again I am also working on three other bikes!
Sweet! Glad to hear you're happy with the parts. I sold you the brake hub I thought would polish up better, since you like shiney parts!!!

I got the jackshaft put in, and it seems right in line with the rear sprocket. I thought I would try and make a rear pedal out of this old one off a Rockford Chibi c430 that I bought in pieces.

20150722_191717.jpg 20150722_095857.jpg 20150722_095932.jpg 20150722_102435.jpg 20150723_162909.jpg

I used some 1/4" rod from the hardware store and cut some threads and welded some tabs on. I hope it's gonna be long enough cause I should have put the rear chain on and adjusted the wheel first!!! OOPS!!! Still need to clean it up a bit and grind some welds, but I think it's gonna turn out ok.

20150729_172710.jpg 20150729_191130.jpg 20150729_191209.jpg 20150729_191310.jpg 20150729_195234.jpg

CarPlayLB

Steven,
yours is coming together! Brake set up looks good. Here come the questions!

What size are your axles? Mine are 12mm, but yours looks bigger. (axle envy)
Are your gears the originals? If so, can I get a tooth count?

keep up the good work! That way you can figure out my issues for me!:laugh:

Thanks!!! LOL, my axles are 12mm, it's my capnuts that are so big!!! The rear sprocket is a 60t, not original, it's been cut/drilled to mount flush on the hub. Jackshaft sprockets are a new 11t and an old 18t with 3/8" spacers and I'll probably run a 12t clutch. Can't remember what I came up with when I did the math, I think it's about 8:1 overall.

20150730_080944.jpg