Taco T100 original paint colors?

Hello everyone. I am finally getting around to working on this bike I picked up last summer. It's a '69 Taco T100 with the trail tamer front end. I did some frame repairs and I have all of the paint stripped off so I'm trying to decide what color to paint it.I am wondering if any of you Taco experts know if these bikes were available in colors other than purple? The maroon/red color on my bike was the only color I found when stripping the paint. Was this an original color option or has this bike been stripped before? Thanks in advance for any information.

Chad

Hounddog

Hi Chad, yes they were blue....LOL With my limited knowledge of these old bikes, I have personally only seen purple and a blueish looking original bikes. HD

I don't know about the accuracy and credibility of that ad...
The ad description states it comes with a 4HP Tecumseh engine, while the photo shows it with a Briggs 5 HP engine?!
Michael

I had a t 100 in 1970 . tryed to get joe taco to build a replica no dice . Looked to buy one . Now I am going to build one from scratch , going the long way around the block less the cop with the lights on behind me. but need some help . Are the wheel hubs bigger than 6x4 inch bead to bead . were can I get the front springs . Is the front axel 5/8 and the back 3/4 inch or both 3/4 Dia. how long . How wide and long are the forks , The top , bottom . frame tubes also . space of top tubes to bottom tubes . The swing arm Width , length and height of and bolt . Motor plate size . my seat fit between the frame rails . the big indian head tires- the front a back look differant need to get that size right . I saw a seat at a site the looked good . A person said that they bought a bettor quality rear sprocket brake drum assembiy from Joe taco , even thow it isnt offered on the site ? .. A bigger chain size 430 also . 14 inch tires the web sites say . I will have to make a welding jig so messurments have to be accurate . I still remember the day summer 1969 or 70 in steens factory show room deciding to get the taco with the cool supention or the honda 50 with the stamped frame and folding bars , 15 minutes later TACO ! Thanks , and to all the dirt bikes that made the hill trails at the old san susana pass dry wash area north san franando valley LA .Calif.

Lizardking

I had a t 100 in 1970 . tryed to get joe taco to build a replica no dice . Looked to buy one . Now I am going to build one from scratch , going the long way around the block less the cop with the lights on behind me. but need some help . Are the wheel hubs bigger than 6x4 inch bead to bead . were can I get the front springs . Is the front axel 5/8 and the back 3/4 inch or both 3/4 Dia. how long . How wide and long are the forks , The top , bottom . frame tubes also . space of top tubes to bottom tubes . The swing arm Width , length and height of and bolt . Motor plate size . my seat fit between the frame rails . the big indian head tires- the front a back look differant need to get that size right . I saw a seat at a site the looked good . A person said that they bought a bettor quality rear sprocket brake drum assembiy from Joe taco , even thow it isnt offered on the site ? .. A bigger chain size 430 also . 14 inch tires the web sites say . I will have to make a welding jig so messurments have to be accurate . I still remember the day summer 1969 or 70 in steens factory show room deciding to get the taco with the cool supention or the honda 50 with the stamped frame and folding bars , 15 minutes later TACO ! Thanks , and to all the dirt bikes that made the hill trails at the old san susana pass dry wash area north san franando valley LA .Calif.
Hello, and welcome valley boy! You've come to the right place.

Start your own thread on projects/rides section https://oldminibikes.com/forum/index.php?forums/projects-rides.19/ and ask away!

sonerenos

your best bet is going to be purchasing an original bike taco 100, and then copying it if thats still what you want to do. I will gladly give you whatever information you want based off my frame, but the time and energy put into that you might as well just buy the bike from me...

your best bet is going to be purchasing an original bike taco 100, and then copying it if thats still what you want to do. I will gladly give you whatever information you want based off my frame, but the time and energy put into that you might as well just buy the bike from me...
He also has $100 chain adjusters.