Tass's Bobber Build

Ratbike

A minor update....

I finished the intake setup and got the filter mounted. The filter itself is a tech part number that I shortened by 2" so it matches the muffler. The connector tube is a section of Porsche 928 crankcase vent hose and the flange is a part I made from a block of black nylon. Both the intake and the exhaust will eventually get a support strut mounted somehow.

Dude.... Now that is COOL!!:thumbsup:

Back at it again

The weather is getting colder so its time get back indoors and crank up my winter projects.

I added some lower sides to the gas tank, giving it some needed visual bulk. This also makes it look lower, as it now straddles the frame rail rather than sitting on top.

I decided to go with fenders rather than leaving it open wheel. I started with some cheapy trailer fenders from tractor supply.

They are to wide and the radius is to large but they make a good starting point. I sawed 3" out of the middle then welded them back together. Using the shrinker on the edges closed up the radius to match the tire. Its actually a little over shrunk right now but it will spring out to perfect when I start bodyworking it.

mocked up

And here is a shot of both fenders mocked up in the position I'll probably go with.

Next step will be brackets. I'm going to do something underneath that can't be seen from the top. I might even weld the fenders in place as this bike will never see any abuse.

Minor progress report. My front fender bracket is finished and with the exception of some type of headlight bracket, the front fork assembly is now fully welded.

I made the bracket to look like an extension of the steering head tube. The steering bolt nut is welded inside the tube so i think it creates a clean smooth look. I'm going to do something similar for the back fender.