TAV-2 Belt wear????

waltsuz

What is the average life you get from a belt on a Comet TAV-2. I know there's variables to take into account but how long of a run time have you gotten? Walt

MB165

If your running 6.5hp or less with governor Id bet several summers of running around the yard.
I still have the origional belt on my minibaja (six years) theres one thread starting to hang off of it, it has 76 hours of runtime on a hopped up 6.5 no governor and id bet a thousand miles on it. Mine doesnt slip alot because of the large rear sprocket though.

waltsuz

If your running 6.5hp or less with governor Id bet several summers of running around the yard.
I still have the origional belt on my minibaja (six years) theres one thread starting to hang off of it, it has 76 hours of runtime on a hopped up 6.5 no governor and id bet a thousand miles on it. Mine doesnt slip alot because of the large rear sprocket though.
Thank you MB165, 76 hr's is a long run time. I have a full summer on 2 mini's with the same belt on both. Hopefully my spares will be around a long while, Walt

MB165

Yeah that origional belt is getting ragged, its a good 1/8" narrower than a new one, but it works no worse or better than a new belt. :shrug:

Lube it, lube it, lube it. Good belt life is helped by proper and frequent lubrication of both driver and driven sections of the equipment. Buy and use the Comet dry lube it pays off.
Steve :scooter:

MB165

your right steve, keeping them clean and lubed is important. they do tend to be neglected for sure. I lube mine at least a few times a year and it usually looks as if i had never serviced it.:shrug:
pete