Tav 30 threw belt over drive pulley??

Faolan

Tav 30 mounted with backing plate, properly aligned, has worked well for a very long time, don't see any wear, juggernaut driver, comet belt in good shape. Last night it threw the belt off! Belt was the right size, running a 5.3:1 ratio on 20" tires, had no problem with the belt slipping or smoking, worked great.

I put a cheap belt on and reved on the stands until fully shifted and it seems that when I let off the throttle the belt climbs higher on the drive pulley before dropping back down, I'm assuming this is how it flew off :/ what would be causing this? As far as I can tell the tav is in good shape driven and drive, chain not too tight or too loose, rolls good.. I just put the 20's on, never had this issue with the 19's but seeing as it runs better with the 20's, idk what caused this.

Faolan

Could also try a slightly shorter belt?
if possible?
Running the standard back plate that came with it, I only have one belt choice and that's the smaller one 203589a. I haven't had this happen before, the belt don't seem stretched compared to a new one. Only thing changed is my tire size but like I said the belt wasn't slipping or smoking and is still whole, although chewed up from the backing plate bolts when it came off

toomanytoys

I use the 203589 on all my backing plate bikes

the 203590 was too long. I used that one on my mm212 that didn’t use the backing plate.

panchothedog

Never threw a belt but have had the juggernaut stick in the closed or high gear position a couple of times. First time it happened we had just installed
20" paddle tires compared to usual 18" nobbies. Eventually had to replace the spider, a internal part of the clutch.