TAV backing plate missing a tab?

joekd

I got in my TAV from BMI last night and as soon as I unpacked the box I noticed something odd

Looks like the tab on the bottom right which holds the cover on has been cut off (can see where I circled it in the 2nd pic)

Any idea why someone would cut this arm off? Part of me says the cover will probably stay on fine but then again since it is a brand new part why shouldn't it be perfect?

joekd

It's more then a rivet, the rivet holds the leg in but if you look the whole L piece of the backplate has been shaved

I called BMI and talked to Steve, he says this is the way they all are now because on go kart applications the chain would hit due to it going pretty much straight down, unfortunately on my warrior I need to shave a piece of the top leg off meaning I would be left with only 2.5 legs.

He said all the ones he has in stock are the modified 3 leg even though the picture I ordered from was a full 4 leg

They are going to look in the warehouse, he thinks they may have some of the 4 leg around so now the waiting begins

joekd

Are you saying the OEM baja plate is interchangeable with the TAV? First time I have ever heard that

If that's the case then I would just need to find a new cover for it (mine has a hole from the last owner)

Would be pretty cool to have a "stealth" TAV hidden behind the OEM cover though