TAV / CVT reccomendations

I have a fairly built clone motor that I will be putting on a project, I don't know what the HP output is, but I would like to run a TAV on this project so I can maximize top end speed and still have a good bottom end. It will be ran on a dirt oval. My question is what is the best TAV for high revving race engines?

Engine is a 196cc with gov, removed, 18lb springs, champion rockers, CM grind cam, speedway flywheel, 14cc head ported and polished, flat top piston .010 in the hole, billit rod, tillotson Max stroke crank, 34deg. of timing, stock sized SS valves, 22mm mikuni, .980 3 stage header. This motor has seen 7000 RPMs. Maybe someone with dyno time can guess the HP range.

Look for a used salsbury 330 or 340 or comet 340. They are great on a minibike and the driver has a lot of tuning options for stall speed. The driven unit for jr dragsters has a range of spring holes to tune the up shift. The standard driven if it does not have them can be drilled to provide that tuning option.

Look for a used salsbury 330 or 340 or comet 340. They are great on a minibike and the driver has a lot of tuning options for stall speed. The driven unit for jr dragsters has a range of spring holes to tune the up shift. The standard driven if it does not have them can be drilled to provide that tuning option.
Do you know what the JRs turn for RPM. I have read that a CVT will kill your upper RPM. Also I don't know if the individuals who stated that were properly gearing for a certain RPM, or just throwing on gears, and running blind

safe Rpm for the comet 340 is8500. If you set up a 330 or 340 correctly it will not kill your upper rpm. If centrifugal clutches were better jr dragsters would be using them. A lot of people do have issues with tav 30 holding back revs because they don’t gear correctly for top end, you have to factor in the overdrive.

safe Rpm for the comet 340 is8500. If you set up a 330 or 340 correctly it will not kill your upper rpm. If centrifugal clutches were better jr dragsters would be using them. A lot of people do have issues with tav 30 holding back revs because they don’t gear correctly for top end, you have to factor in the overdrive.
Thank you for the input. This is my first time messing with a TAV/CVT

SAS289

Speaking of the TAV, what happened to the prices of the cheap TAV 30's on eBay? They used to be around 55 to $60 and now everything looks over $100. I haven't been paying attention for a year or so.

Speaking of the TAV, what happened to the prices of the cheap TAV 30's on eBay? They used to be around 55 to $60 and now everything looks over $100. I haven't been paying attention for a year or so.
Supply and demand... supply interrupted due to COVID-19... that would be my guess.