Tav question

Will a 40 work on a 41 sprocket, but not the other way around? I need a 40, but mistakenly ordered a 41, and there is no way it works for me. The pitch is the same, but the pin dimensions are very different.

Will a 40 work on a 41 sprocket, but not the other way around? I need a 40, but mistakenly ordered a 41, and there is no way it works for me. The pitch is the same, but the pin dimensions are very different.
40 chain fits a 41 sprocket, but not the other way around.

Sent from my Texas Instruments Speak and Spell...[emoji2]

Ha! THANKS Chad! Hope I didn't step on Tippy with that. I mic'd the old chain and found it to be a 40. but had the chain lore wrong in my mind. Backasswards!

Tippy or Mayhem, I believe I have 4 feet of the 40. I cant use it.
Don't quote me, but it believe a #40 is .287" thick and #41 is .230-.235". Somewhere I have a reference sheet. The #40 on the #41 sprocket helps with sprockets that have a slight wobble to them.

Don't quote me, but it believe a #40 is .287" thick and #41 is .230-.235". Somewhere I have a reference sheet. The #40 on the #41 sprocket helps with sprockets that have a slight wobble to them.

Yeah, I found the specs. I can also supposedly use a 420 chain. LOL...yeah, a 420 chain. Like the rest of my 420 bike.