Tav2 Cover

The Baja MB 200 was equipped with a metal cover. It is the correct size and my TAV 2 cover will sit just on the top of it BUT..... It is not deep enough by about 3/4 of and inch. It wouldn't be hard to make it work with a little welding. You could add the depth to it with a strip of metal.

If you really wanted a metal cover this would be a feasible part.

Doug

Edit; it looks like it needs a lot more than 3/4'' in the picture but when you place it on the TAV 2 it is about 1/2'' short with it bottomed out on the driven. It may need an inch added to clear the Drive... I don't have one assembled to try it on. :shrug:

https://www.OldMiniBikes.com/baja-oem-steel-clutch-cover.html

Last edited:

KB2ROCKET

I made one years ago by making a cardboard template transferring it to metal bending it and pop riviting the ends

Last edited:
I've made sheetmetal covers like kb2rocket and sprayed some seal stuff on inside to seal cracks and then painted outside what color i want ..or guess you could powder coat it

I ordered the TAV2 from OldMiniBikes, and I ordered that $110 aluminum cover - I will give full review of it when I get it all.

Koz

The GOKARTS USA cover may not fit the backplate or may require contouring. In any case, and like I warned, the porosity of this casting is horrendous and would highly suggest laying down some thick epoxy.
Also, GTC does not do any finishing, including powder coating, on their own. That's all farmed-out and typically AFTER they get your money.

Attachments

Last edited:
I received all my parts today.

I will begin putting the TAV 2 on tomorrow.

I did get the GTC Cover today...GEEEEEEEZ its rough!

The adapter metal holes do not even come close to lining up with the cast aluminium holes.
z3Ed8Rr.jpg

noseoil

Looks like a simple sand casting, so there's going to be a lot of filling (bondo or an epoxy slurry) to do a proper finish & have it look OK. Nothing a little time, elbow grease & paint can't fix, but it does look pretty rough...

KB2ROCKET

you almost have to fill and paint it because if dirt and oils get into the pours of the metal it will be very difficult to clean it up after the fact good luck

^Absolutely correct. I sent mine out to a mom & pop polisher (cost me a In&Out double-double). Even after wheeling, the thing looks like the side of the moon. Gokarts USA sucks...

I received all my parts today.

I will begin putting the TAV 2 on tomorrow.

I did get the GTC Cover today...GEEEEEEEZ its rough!

The adapter metal holes do not even come close to lining up with the cast aluminium holes.
View attachment 96724
I had to "moto" the inside contour to get the adapter to fit. I think I launched the cover across the shop a few times on my grinder as well. You could return it (and wait weeks for a credit) but their plastic cover is butt-ugly.