Tec HM80 8hp billet rod/flywheel needed! any ideas??

Hey Javi

The Tecumseh Star rod fits on the HM80. I put one in my friends engine. Im not sure if the stock star flywheel will fit (8lb) I wouldnt worry about it. Just use the stock (12lb) flywheel. It will help with the low end torque. VKE sells Star rods or you can try Mike Clements, or John Davis. Just go to http://karting.4cycle.com/ post on the forum loking for Billet Star Rod. And one of those guys will reply.

Josh

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
The clements, or tecumseh motorsports billet rods can't handle anything over 6,500 RPM. If your turning that high or higher with one your lucky. The VKE is the strongest, but cost a lot more.

Old HM80

I have an old HM80 I pulled off of a chipper shredder. The key way on the crank has busted out, but the motor is intact. I have know idea as to the internal condition. The outside isn't real pretty. It has surface rust that could easily be cleaned primed and painted if you still wanted to use the pull starter and housing. The chipper shredder sat for 6 years because of a busted gas tank. I can't use it on my Boonie Bike because of the broken key way. Let me know if you are interested in it for a parts motor. My e-mail is
bushclan@outdrs.net just reference this web site, because I won't open e-mail from some one I don't know.

mike is a GREAT engine builder. I bought a vintage McCulloch kart racing engine from him a couple years ago. Last week I took 3rd in the sportsman A class at the Quincy vintage kart super olympics with it. It has run strong since I got it. Never had a problem with it. He knows engines, be it 2 cycle or 4. Very nice reliable engines.
My 2 cents

Jim, your right Clements knows his chit. Years of research, ability and equipment to make a quality product and the know how to back his claims. He is definitely a straight shooter. You can always be assured if Clements sells it and makes a claim about it, it will perform as claimed
Did you run any other classes or karts? Been to flat river lately? LOL