Tecumseh Adjustable Carb

For sale is my Tecumseh adjustable carb. This carb came off my Tec HM80 engine. The intake manifold is included as well.

$35 + shipping through UPS with tracking and insurance

I'm located in Duarte, CA 91010
I accept Paypal only.
Please PM if interested.
Thank you

It would be a little heavy on air.. Like, if you were building some racing engine going 9,000 rpms it would be great... Otherwise, it would run and go alright probably, but you'd about HAVE TO choke it to get it fired, then when you are driving around, your acceleration will not be as snappy as a 6 horse carb would be..

The biggest thing is going to be how all of the (parts) work with your OHV engine...

I WANT TO SAY the OHV engines governor, PULLS the throttle open on the carb, as to where MOST of them PUSH open.. SO ya have to put the throttle shaft from the OHV carb, into the flathead body as there is no hole for the rod to plug into...

Your throttle shaft is a different size, and you couldn't do that in this case.. If it won't plug on.. you'd have to engineer a way, or go without a governor..

So you want to look at your motor, see how the carb is rigged to the governor system, and see if THIS CARBs throttle shaft will plug and play correctly..

As long as the throttle shaft will work for you, the fuel line will not hit your exhaust, and choke arm won't hit anything, the carb WILL BOLT ON to your intake manifold, and basically run the engine...

When I build them, I am pretty sure I use the HS style 5-7 horse carb body, that has the elbow fuel inlet, then the choke arm goes out the other side... Put the throttle shaft from the OHV carb into that carb with the elbow fuel inlet, and a choke arm that goes out the left side...

:laugh: But thats my recollections and haven't built one in a while.. :doah:

Or maybe I'm wrong.. :glare: MAYBE you want this strait in inlet, then gotta put the other throttle shaft into that body.. :glare:

HELL I don't know.. :lol:

I'd have to look and get back to ya.. :laugh:

If your talking about the cast iron block 6HP tecumseh,the HM80 intake will not bolt up to it and like Kid said the carbs bore is to big for that engine.

Last edited:
Maybe measure the venturi and throttle bore and post it for the creative builders.

Also a Flat head carb tends to flow a little more fuel than an OHV engine would like.
Flat heads are not happy unless they are fatter on the fuel....

i put a 5hp Wisconsin flat head carb on a ohh 60 bolted right up to it its the best running ohv tecumseh I've ever seen it will idle all day. the motor would run with out priming the tecumseh carb plus it leaked like a mug. i removed the choke on it for speed plus it was worn out so it would fall down and make it choke down. i sold the motor to my friend its on his go kart and i just found the carb in an old house my other friend owns. put it on the motor for free because i felt bad it didn't run and i made him pay 40 dollars for it.

Thanks for the input. I was thinking it probably wouldn't work, but hate the carb with the primer bulb. My 6.5 tecumseh has one with a choke and it runs great.

Maybe measure the venturi and throttle bore and post it for the creative builders.

Also a Flat head carb tends to flow a little more fuel than an OHV engine would like.
Flat heads are not happy unless they are fatter on the fuel....
The ventury is pretty huge, thats what we mean by it's heavy on air.. It's probably 7/8 of an inch or 1 inch, where you want somewhere around 3/4 inch max.. 5/8 - 3/4

Fuel can be any amount you want, thats why it has metering screws and isn't pre-jetted..

i put a 5hp Wisconsin flat head carb on a ohh 60 bolted right up to it its the best running ohv tecumseh I've ever seen it will idle all day. the motor would run with out priming the tecumseh carb plus it leaked like a mug. i removed the choke on it for speed plus it was worn out so it would fall down and make it choke down. i sold the motor to my friend its on his go kart and i just found the carb in an old house my other friend owns. put it on the motor for free because i felt bad it didn't run and i made him pay 40 dollars for it.
A Zenith??? Like this one??? :shrug: Yeah, they run GREAT!!!

Jets are a little small for making any POWER!! I have my main screwed out so far it's about to fall out, but it runs good..

Thanks for the input. I was thinking it probably wouldn't work, but hate the carb with the primer bulb. My 6.5 tecumseh has one with a choke and it runs great.
I could build you one that is an actual tecumseh 6 horse adjustable, built to run on the OHV engine... It's a special order part, but people hate the pre-jetted primer carbs.. So they get built.. :laugh:

Hey man,
Do you know what size Venturi & Throttle bore it has?

Thanks.
Hi,

This is a series 3 carb. I don't know the size of the venturi but as stated in my Tecumseh repair manual, "The venturi size of these carburetors are larger than Series 1 carburetors" or in other words larger than the 2-7 H.P. engines.
I measured the throttle bore on both the choke and throttle side. Keep in mind I was only able to measure 1/4"-1/2" into the bore with my micrometer. The choke side bore was a hair over 1" and throttle side bore approximately 0.93".