Tecumseh Carb replacement Help please

I recently acquired this 71 Western Flyer SS400.
I need replace carb ( should I use Tecumseh ) I think it's a
HS40-553940 ?? Should I find number on motor ? Needs carb and air filter ...( took off to clean has no idea where he put it lol) 20190704_112448.jpg
2nd
What clutch type us that so I can get belt or parts if needed ..any help appreciated
Paid $150 looks original just missing some parts
Thanks

Attachments

Assuming 553940 is 55394D, Current genuine tecumseh parts listing shows service carb 631667 and complete air filter set up 730127. Both are still showing as available. You may have to obtain a correct choke because service carbs don't come with them ..... or you can go the cheaper route and buy a chinese knock off carb on EBay for about $10-$15.

I will not re-litigate the pro and cons here. You can research that debate yourself

BTW you got a great deal. except for the carb , ac and torque converter cover it bike looks to be complete .

Assuming 553940 is 55394D, Current genuine tecumseh parts listing shows service carb 631667 and complete air filter set up 730127. Both are still showing as available. You may have to obtain a correct choke because service carbs don't come with them ..... or you can go the cheaper route and buy a chinese knock off carb on EBay for about $10-$15.

I will not re-litigate the pro and cons here. You can research that debate yourself

BTW you got a great deal. except for the carb , ac and torque converter cover it bike looks to be complete .
HS40-55408C motor
I'm gonna get one with choke 20 bucks make sure it's good

Attachments