Tecumseh H25 head

delray

Hopefully you can sneak around the recoil cover and spray in with a extension tube. For example like a carb cleaner comes with.
One reason i was leaning towards rusted bolts was from your pictures/gas tank.
Living in the northern states sometimes doesn't help the problem. Goodluck karen
If you can't break them loose , make randy road trip over and he will break them for you...lol

markus

@manchester1 did you have any luck with getting that donor engine?? that would be a sweet deal getting missing parts plus you'd get a "stoker" crank for your H25 outta it and bump you up 7cc's :D

@manchester1 did you have any luck with getting that donor engine?? that would be a sweet deal getting missing parts plus you'd get a "stoker" crank for your H25 outta it and bump you up 7cc's :D
I didn't get it. The guy said I had to come and get it right away because he had somebody else interested. He seemed a little Shakey in his messages. It was a 45 minute drive for me, one way. I thank you much for the tip. I tried.

markus

I didn't get it. The guy said I had to come and get it right away because he had somebody else interested. He seemed a little Shakey in his messages. It was a 45 minute drive for me, one way. I thank you much for the tip. I tried.

Thats a bummer........that would have been a good score as the shroud and tag were worth the price of admission so it would have made for a free donor block and parts.

old shed finds

karen, try to take all the tin work off first then flip the engine up side down(makesure oil is out) and then try to locate the head bolt threads. you should see them going thought the fins/block. with the block still up side down try to spray the bolts with w-40 or something that is equal to it and let it sit for couple hours and also spray it couple times. use only a 6 point socket and a bar extension. without looking at it my self I believe your bolts could be rusted and swelled up. they may just break off too...not good.
This untouched HS40 has been soaked all night with PB blaster today we will see if head bolts will come loose. .6 point socket only....

Attachments

old shed finds

Hey...
Those head bolts come out?
My hs40 project went to hell after I broke the oil control ring on the piston.... Now its boxed up waiting for parts...

I would try one of two things, first I would remove all exterior components from the engine and heat it in an oven around 350 degrees for 15 minutes or so. The aluminum will expand at a greater rate than the steel head bolts making them easier to remove. If an oven isn't available, you could put it in front of a salamander heater for 5-10 minutes, just not too close! and don't forget an oven mitt!. If that didn't work and being the head is toast anyhow, I would use a 1/4" drive socket as a drill guide and drill out the heads of the head bolts. Once the tension is removed, they should be easier to remove with some locking pliers.