Tecumseh H35 side popper

My wife passed-away just recently. Consequently, life has changed and it looks like I'll be moving-on and selling-off my mini bike parts. I have a Tecumseh H35 side popper for sale. A little bit of history: I drove from Southern N.H. to Burlington, Vt., some years ago, to get this motor to use on one of my Lil Indians. Reason was, I was told this was one of a number of motors purchased by the Burlington school system to be used in shop class. The fellow I bought it from worked in maintenance at this school and bought from them when that particular class program was cancelled. His claim to me was that it probably didn't have more than 5 hrs. running time. Judging by what I saw, it appeared the students may have had the side cover off at some point (for whatever reason), but that's about it. Tank interior is spotless. I could never smell gas, even from the first inspection. The serial number appears to read: H35-45455M SER 9109B

I may have overpaid, at $300, but at the time, I wanted it. Long story short; as it turns out, time has a way of going by, and this thing has been sitting in my heated basement for too many years. I'd like to get at least $200 plus shipping from 03087. I'll try to get the photos up. Wish me luck!

Attachments

Doesn't seem to be too much interest in this little motor. I took a look at the air cleaner today. Looks like new. Doesn't look like its ever inhaled a spec of dust. I don't know.....maybe the fellow who sold it to me might have been truthful regarding the low hours. I get the feeling this motor may have spent its life going back and forth from the classroom bench to the shelf.

Anyway, if anyone is interested, I could probably ship it free, to the lower 48, for the $200 I'm asking. Thanks for looking.

Henry

P.S. I thought of having a compression test done. Does anybody know what a low hour H35, such as this, should show?

Michael, thanks. Yeah, you're probably right. Maybe I'm a bit too impatient. This really appears to be a nice little motor. The fellow I bought it from seemed to be a down home, salt-of-the-Earth straightshooter, so I believed him when he described where this motor came from, as well as the reason for the low hours . Well.........I say that, but I suppose he could have either been a "straight shooter" or a helluvan bullshitter, eh? (ha)

Henry

Michael, thanks. Yeah, you're probably right. Maybe I'm a bit too impatient. This really appears to be a nice little motor. The fellow I bought it from seemed to be a down home, salt-of-the-Earth straightshooter, so I believed him when he described where this motor came from, as well as the reason for the low hours . Well.........I say that, but I suppose he could have either been a "straight shooter" or a helluvan bullshitter, eh? (ha)

Henry
It appears there may be more of these small motors on the market than I realized. Price seems to have been set at about $150. I suppose I'll have to fall in line at that price level. Consequently, I'll do $150 shipped for anyone interested in this one. Just hoping it doesn't have to go to California. Thanks again for looking.

Henry

It appears there may be more of these small motors on the market than I realized. Price seems to have been set at about $150. I suppose I'll have to fall in line at that price level. Consequently, I'll do $150 shipped for anyone interested in this one. Just hoping it doesn't have to go to California. Thanks again for looking.

Henry
Still for sale at $150 shipped.