Tecumseh H50 Stroker

delray

sorry not for sale,but I did find something with the help of markus posting them numbers up.

the other problem you may still have is spring height,but I think that could be fix.

Thanks delray , I never even thought of checking at the OldMiniBikes Warehouse . I'll get a set ordered ! Hope to do some more valve/spring height checking when I get the mini shop warmed up ….cold as crap here today .

delray

Thanks delray , I never even thought of checking at the OldMiniBikes Warehouse . I'll get a set ordered ! Hope to do some more valve/spring height checking when I get the mini shop warmed up ….cold as crap here today .
ok cool. it snowed over night here. getting the john deere out with my 40" berco two stage. got to go now....:)

Here are the star valves.
Valve stem diam is .247 intake .2475 exhaust
Length of valves are 3.848
Valve head diameter intake .249 ex 1.131
The brass things are guide liners, they fit stems perfectly and are .3135 OD. I'm guessing stock star guides were 5/16ths and these would have been pressed into the stock guides.

Attachments

delray

The brass things are guide liners, they fit stems perfectly and are .3135 OD. I'm guessing stock star guides were 5/16ths and these would have been pressed into the stock guides.
I got a set of them too and the stock motorsport retainers/keepers. I think they fit the 10hp block too? can anyone verify that?

delray

Hmm ….there out of stock .
well that sucks, why would they post something they don't have anymore? thinking maybe you could do it the old school way. tig weld .060+ material on the tip of the valve or lifter and machine/grind to fit. unless ole wants to sell his? might be a better/easier option.
another option you may have if you go with a stock length valve. VKE may still sell the yellow motorsport spring. that is only a single spring so it can't be more then 20-26 pound spring. something you would have to call and verify too before jumping the gun. the big thing is not going over kill on the spring rate. you don't know how much if any if the stock cam is harden enough to take the spring rate. 18 pound seems to be the magic number for the stock honda cam and clone stuff.
I did recall rupp72 testing a Tecumseh camshaft and came up with this.

I haven't done any google research to see if that's a lot for a camshaft or not. but the Tecumseh cam does appear to look little better then a clone cam.

Thanks ole for taking the time to measure out and post those parts ! Not for sure yet where I'm at on this build but I will get back with you .

i just buttoned up the H60 (again with oil, :confused:), so I couldn't measure a lifter for you. I got to thinking about lifters from a vertical shaft engine (like a v-twin) and if they might be any longer with same diameter.

Hey delray , I have found a set of lifters that should work , but I haven't ordered them yet . Everything has been on hold for the holidays and I hope to get back on it in the new year .
Valve guides are installed for the smaller stem Briggs valves , valves, springs , retainers and keepers are here .

Hey guys , It's been a while on this build , but with the holidays, winter and really busy in the shop.. I've been busy !
I found these lifters at Blossom Racing and ordered a set today , salesmen confirmed that they were truly 2'' long . The 310 set at 2'' long . He also said they would ship out tomorrow , so hopefully they should be here at the first of the week . Then I'll do some measuring for a spring set up .

delray

This all started when I bought a couple of rods from Kevin ( Sixpac440 ) for a very reasonable price . So I've decided to try and build an engine around these rods , of course I'll only be using one of the rods for this build. I believe the correct number for the rods are 36972K

OND, do you know what the rod length is on the them billet rods. center to center.
thanks.....

delray , I've got it wrote down some where . If I didn't toss it already ….piston and rod are installed now though . I can take it back apart and measure If you need the numbers .

delray

that's ok OND, you don't need to take it out. you had two different billet rods in the picture. they both should mic out the same. the other option I can pull one of my H-blocks apart measure a stock rod...