Tecumseh H50 Stroker

delray

eric,the only springs in the pass with the green strip on them,like the ones you have posted in your block where they dual springs rated at 36 pounds. did you just use the outer spring only and they just happen to rate at 22 1.175 height? if so which green strip spring was it for?

delray , $$$ have been sent ,and thanks for your help !
In answer to your question " green stripe springs " for the Briggs are dual springs and are 36# at an installed height of 1.030
Green stripe springs for the Honda/clone engines are same wire diameter as the Briggs springs but in a single spring (outer) are 37 # at an installed height .890 .
So with the very primitive tools I had and some springs checked by another builder came up with 22/24 # at installed height of 1.185 , so I think I'm very close . But they feel really snappy .

The green stripe duals are more than 36 lbs The outer alone is 36lbs as I understand it. I will go check. When they were first available at NR I got the dual green stripe now when I order from them I get a single green stripe. I will go measure the coil count and thickness on both and report back.

Just checked the ones I just got from NR are still duals. I measured the outside coil and it is .101 diameter. I then measured the old red stripe 37 single that had some issues with breakage and it was .96 diameter but less coils. I could compress the 37 with my fingers at least 1/4 inch but trying to compress the dual green stripe was much much harder. If I remember I will get out the scale and check the green both in dual and single form

So I went to measure the green stripe spring. Its uncompressed length is 1.250 compressing it to 1.175 is 4 lbs. are you sure about 1,175 installed height?

ole , I have these springs installed on the engine already, But I did have a set of single green stripe springs that I had bought from NR Racing that I thought was suppose to be 37# on the Honda/Clone engines , and if I remember correctly needed to be set at .815 /.850 , springs uncompressed length was 1.250 and wire diameter was .100 . Tomorrow will be fine on the spring test no hurry as I still have the head and valve cover off the engine at this time . I think if anything I'm a little strong on the spring set up at this time . I'm going to test the another green stripe in the morning , but I think I found the problem .

eric,the only springs in the pass with the green strip on them,like the ones you have posted in your block where they dual springs rated at 36 pounds. did you just use the outer spring only and they just happen to rate at 22 1.175 height? if so which green strip spring was it for?
Thanks ole for confirming the numbers for me , I feel better now knowing I'm not over sprung ! lol

delray the springs I used were the new springs (green stripe ) that I bought from ARC and they were dual valve springs , and sold as Briggs flathead springs . But I used only the outer spring .

delray

i'm missing something here? eric your spring height is 1.175 correct? and ole4 was getting 18# pounds at 1.085
so at 1.175 it would be way to soft and the valve would float.

One other thing originally the 37 lb spring had a red stripe and some of them were breaking in use. Nr now sells a 37 green stripe spring and it shows a single green spring. When I ordered two pair what I received was 4 dual green stripe springs. You have to remove the inside spring as otherwise it’s way more than 37 lbs seat pressure at .850.