Tecumseh H50 Stroker

ole I really appreciate your help with the spring heights and pressures , I feel better now about the height I ended up with . Still used the green stripe springs (outer single)and went with 1.000 installed height . Problem with my measuring height was the new guides that I installed were sticking down in the lifter valley probably .050 to .060 or maybe a little more . Leveled out the guides and had my buddy at the machine shop make me a set of upper retainers at the height I needed to get the 1.030 installed heights...but they ended up a little tighter .
Not really looking for a 7000 rpm engine here , just a good strong low to mid range , dependable engine .

my order was on Jan 20th here is order and picture of what I got. I have ordered these a number of times and they always send me duals even though it shows a single spring. I wonder if its because I order retainers for dual springs?
Items Ordered:
· 4 of : Guide, Valve, Bronze, 5.5 mm, GX200, GX160, 6.5 Chinese OHV, & 212 Predator
· 2 of : Retainer, 5.5 mm (GX200, 6.5 OHV), Titanium, 37lb & Dual Springs, each
· 1 of : Springs, Valve, 37 lb., Pair, Green Stripe
· 2 of : Washer, Rocker Arm Stud [Thickness:0.050" Thick]
· 2 of : Washer, Rocker Arm Stud [Thickness:0.115" Thick [+$ 0.50]]

Attachments

delray

ond,base on ole4 readings he did. notes how everything changes about 4pounds(+or-) ever .050 so your at about 1.000 spring height. that would put you in the ball park of 24# pounds. long as you don't have coil bind and that cam is harden enough. you shouldn't have any problem...

1.085=18#ole4
1.030=22# ole4
.980=26#
.930=30#
.880=34#
.830=38#
another option maybe you could of done to get the correct spring height is to use a different off set keeper for the retainers? having a buddy with a lathe works too...….

Brian , that's about the way I see it on the lb's and really wanted something that wouldn't wipe the cam lobes out . As for the off set keepers I've used them before to get better spring pressure and to give me more stem height .

delray

Brian , that's about the way I see it on the lb's and really wanted something that wouldn't wipe the cam lobes out . As for the off set keepers I've used them before to get better spring pressure and to give me more stem height .
nice,are those for clone/honda valves.
now your getting close to firing that big block up...….

OK guys starter is in and mounted ! Got out my old 1 ton Chevy brake drum engine stand that I built years a go , mounted the engine up and this is what happened . It is a little rich with the 17.5 / 130 jetting but I had to try to see what would happen . Oh and I'm loving the 12 volt starter system !