Tecumseh HS 40

This was not from a mini bike and not sure what it was on originally. I think it is a 1969 engine, correct me if I am wrong. Has good spark and compression. The shaft size is, 3/4 x 2.25 non threaded. Model# HS 40-55247a Serial 9231 12284. $250.00 plus the ride from NY 13032 I might have a White or Black side full tank to sell, need to look for them.

Attachments

Addicted 2 Minis

It looks like someone put that data tag on it, it's cleaner than the rest of the blower housing, weird thing is, it looks like original rivets. The serial number 6227B stamped on the top are correct for the blower housing which would make it a '76. The clean rectangle area above the recoil is where the Tecumseh decal was which was also common on a '76 model.

markus

It looks like someone put that data tag on it, it's cleaner than the rest of the blower housing, weird thing is, it looks like original rivets. The serial number 6227B stamped on the top are correct for the blower housing which would make it a '76. The clean rectangle area above the recoil is where the Tecumseh decal was which was also common on a '76 model.

actually its just looks like owend accidentally put added a photo of another engine at the end (which is a 1986 H35), Hence the different head, plug routing, head bolts, and tank visible in the pic compared to the 1969, which was (originally a snowblower engine) shown in all the other pics ;)