Tecumseh HSSK50 Offset or Centered Wrist Pin?

I am building a slightly modified Tec HS50 I had iron sleeved to the later smaller bore HSSK50 2.795", there are 2 different pistons available I believe the earlier on the left flat lower skirt piston has a centered wrist pin there are no markings on the piston and the later lighter piston has an offset wrist pin. For performance with stock compression is one better than the other and would ignition timing be changed? Also there is some confusion on what direction the offset piston goes on the rod and in the bore, the Tec reference manual although it doesn't specifically list HSSK50 says "If there is an arrow on the side of the piston, the arrow must point toward the short side of the connecting rod. (diag. 32)." I just got in a new assembled take off (removed from a new engine before engine was run) piston on right with rings and rod the arrow points towards the long side of the rod or towards the valves, I have no reason to believe the piston has ever been removed from this rod. Before someone asks I went with the smaller bore in the event it needed to be honed or opened up then a HS50 STD bore 2.813" piston could be used no need to stock OS parts.

Thanks

Tony

Attachments

Last edited: