Tecumseh Motorsports OHV 195cc

fistfullabar

I seen you guys talking about the bearing coating. Can I take some 3m chrome polish put it on the crank and inside the bearing tighten it up spin it then clean both reassemble with oil then run it?

mustangfrank

I seen you guys talking about the bearing coating. Can I take some 3m chrome polish put it on the crank and inside the bearing tighten it up spin it then clean both reassemble with oil then run it?
Maybe yours is different but the coating on both of my bearing sets is thick and crumbles off when I picked at it, haven't installed it yet but it would not even fit over the crank journal.

mustangfrank

Soooooo everytime I install the rod it feels too tight wont turn. Is that normal? Should i take the coating off? Wire brush?
I'm curious to hear what others have done or what you come up with.

A quick Google of the part number on the box CA1079-STD-PR reveals it is a Briggs rod bearing. I'm either going to order a set from one of the web stores that popped up and hope they don't have that gritty coating or call ARC and see if they have the same bearing.

I'm no where near assembling my engine on my priority list so don't wait for my findings, letting you have the first glory!

fistfullabar

So once I squish plastic I still need to remove material. Every time I watch some one install a rod it's perfect and nothing needs to be done! Must be Chinese precision vs american beer thirty! This crap is annoying. Why they cant put the rod in at the factory! No wonder they went outta biz!

So once I squish plastic I still need to remove material. Every time I watch some one install a rod it's perfect and nothing needs to be done! Must be Chinese precision vs american beer thirty! This crap is annoying. Why they cant put the rod in at the factory! No wonder they went outta biz!
Sooooooo, what is your clearance/tolerance for the rod to crankpin? You want .002-.003"
Michael