Tecumseh Motorsports OHV 195cc

fistfullabar

20200528_121300.jpg
20200528_121245.jpg
motorsports valves. yellow springs?? looks like aluminum retainers maybe?? Delray I have not tried it yet but the float needle was sticking so I polished it. should work...lets see!

delray

yep, those are the motorsports stuff. in the one picture you posted of the valve train. it looks like it has a thick spacer under the spring. did you make that or did it come that way?

yellow with spacer.PNG

fistfullabar

20200530_084848.jpg
looks like a thin spacer. but the seats are cast uneven. intake side is cast lower with the spacer. exhaust side is cast higher. 5.5 head likely.

delray

interesting when you ever deside to take that head off and see what size valves they use in the ohh- motorsport engine. reason I say that is I found on ebay couple years ago a factory head with no part on the Tecumseh box it came in and it had larger valves then the normally found ohh open chamber heads. it's the only head I have every see like this factory. I would think the motorsport heads would look like this?
heads.jpg
you can see it came off a motor that never ran?

delray

View attachment 263596
looks like a thin spacer. but the seats are cast uneven. intake side is cast lower with the spacer. exhaust side is cast higher. 5.5 head likely.
all the 5.5hp and up ohh GOVERNOR MOTORS i have found come with a off-set spring height casting and no spacer. i'm sure with the governor hookup the valve never floats. still seems little weird way they built them that way?
now if you find a 5hp head with the small chamber, all the ones i have seen come even. thats the head you really need with the larger valves and with that setup you could get a better flowing head after ported correct and milling the head .060 you could get easy 11:1+ compression and you could get animal spring in 16 or 18 pound and still have the correct spring height setup and possibility of other springs too that you could bolt in and go. still just run 91 ethanol free gas...all day.

delray

I just found some preditor springs that were 26lbs from dyno cams that fit my ohh perfectly. I discovered this option after speaking to one of there technicians over the phone.
I too had found a 26 pound spring a few years ago. I know it wasn't a animal spring. I would to go back and look. I needed it for the isky cam that tim ground for me with a .275 lift

joshua. c.

interesting fact, this engine with this cam has never kicked back on me like my raptor with a 107ss grind dose. it might be that the engine is just old and has been running on this set of rings for over 10 years but it doesn't smoke at all so its more likely that the cam I have just isn't that aggressive, I could be wrong on that but if this is the case it would be a good grind for a person who wants more power but still wants an engine that doesn't kick.