Tecumseh obsolete parts

You are welcome to revisit my thread on this subject from 1 /24/2013
Here is a link to that.

Many of these parts are the expensive and more rare ebay offerings. For those who are rebuilding these engines, those Ebay money makers are not what is missing.

When you cant find OS rings, or a seal to put an engine together, you hardly need a repop Taylor exhaust, or a kick starter, although those things would be nice too.

LOL, maybe these old Lighted Tecumseh can be like the 32 Coup, where there are three times as many on the road today, as were ever produced.

CarPlayLB

All of the Tecumseh rings have too much gap. I measured a .003 over on the bore, got some original bore rings, and all were over .017. The only reason for a stock bore ring set is if you have a brand new engine, and even then I bet it's close.

So OS rings would be something worth having, as well as seals for the H and HS models. Any part listed as a consumable for the more popular engines would be a good thing to have more of. Those parts are getting rare.

Also agree with mini bike throttle specific, rivet on units.

I don't think I've ever had a need for a slant intake, and definitely never needed a kick starter. When you cant rebuild an original engine because you cant get parts, that's where the shit is.

How about H and HS valves?

It seems to be feast of famine on these parts. I just waited 15 days for a PTO seal for the smaller H. PN 30256. Currently there are a couple of them on ebay, but when I needed one, there was one available and the USPS got me good on that.
Dave is on the correct path here. I was not wanting a "wish list", but a necessity list! You don't NEED a kick starter, you want one! You NEED a slant exhaust, ya want one! (I want one too! LOL)
This exercise is designed to identify parts that will keep these engines running. Seals, rings, pistons, rods, valves...stuff like that. The linkages that Joe has are awesome! The Taylor exhaust could be an option as the snowblower guys enjoy those as well!

I am not looking for minibike specific stuff. Product that crosses over genres to maximize the effort and expensive, with a greater potential sell through!

Thanks for all the guidance here!

Hello All,
as some of you know, I have gone back to school! My class project involves identifying obsolete, in demand parts, to go into production. This project would involve the sourcing of materials, the cost of production, and the potential sell through. You guys know I am a Briggs guy, but that is because all the parts are available... ALL the time! I like a challenge, so I chose Tec parts!
What specific Tecumseh parts do you feel are the most sought after, hard to find parts?

I am not looking for all minibike specific stuff. Product that crosses over genres to maximize the effort and expense, with a greater potential sell through!
Do you have access to a 3D printer at school? All this obsolete parts business is going to be a long ago memory soon. All they have to is come down in price. Which has already begun.

Hent

Lets try to keep this as realistic as possible, with tooling they may already have. If we can succeed on a few parts like that, I may be able to convince them for more.

Remember, they have to do a lot of work to get these rolling again, packaging, distribution, etc.

My vote would be on Slanted Intakes, Throttle Assemblies, & Headers/Exhausts. I do understand the need to keep these engines going, but for the most part, guys on here are using them for period correct restoration and not very hard riding.

NOS Parts, Numbers, Pictures, Original Packaging, will all help this go faster. Lets try to agree on 3 items, and we can make a poll. I can show it to them and we'll see what happens? :shrug: