tecumseh-ohh build

delray

i was joking around at windber about a piece of the inner belt coming off(cord).
today i was taking some pictures of my torque converter for a member and i notes the outside cord was coming off...:doah:
looks like this engine starting to eat the belt.....:laugh: maybe good for a year or so.......:shrug:

delray

Harleys Papa
I have an OHH6 and I have a plan for it
hey randy,from what i have found out about the ohh-motors they all carry the same bore and stroke.
i believe it's all in the way they jet it and governor it from factory. so parts will be easy to replace......:thumbsup:

hey randy,from what i have found out about the ohh-motors they all carry the same bore and stroke.
i believe it's all in the way they jet it and governor it from factory. so parts will be easy to replace......:thumbsup:
Thanks for all the info Brian :thumbsup: I'm not sure if I'll go this far with my motor or not :shrug: Its got a lighting coil and will be ridden on the street, I'll be happy if I can get 35 or 40 mph just so I can keep up with traffic :thumbsup:

delray

randy, if you decide to go mild? i think that would be a good choice with a lighted coil and the magnets glued to the flywheel. those to things really can't take the high rev's.
if the governor comes off? this would be the direction i would go....
billet rod and install a steel cam out of a old hs-motor your not using(factory ohh-motor plastic)and maybe just little stiffer valve springs,tecumseh coil 36605k,make your own header and your choice of carb, LIGHT porting in the bowl's into the runner area(only) don't touch the runner itself.
mill .040 off the head. i would think it would pull real good for a street bike.......:thumbsup:

delray

today i install my new pilot jet and what a difference that made. it definitely help my low end. i thought it had good power on the trail's at windber. now the response is even better. i also notes after installing pilot it made little difference where the needle was position. with more fuel coming on at low end the needle did not have to site so far out(up) it had to go down couple.
it still has just a very little stumble at very low speeds(just little),but not has bad as before. so i might just try a bigger pilot and see where that go's. for know it looks like the 142.5 jet is it.....:thumbsup:
really like the way these carb's adjust. your can adjustments for your low end,mid-range,top end and too the MOON...........:scooter:

Last edited:

delray

after riding it little hard today,
belt not looking so good ........:doah: maybe go with a comet belt next time i have to replace it.

delray

it held up real good with the clone. the length didn't change. same mounting setup. yes i do believe the tecumseh is stronger. they both have the same carb's on them. 22mm mikuni/clone carb. tecumseh has a 142.5 jet and the clone has only a 120 jet,but that might change just little because of some work i did to the head this spring. i have to dial it in soon,because it is on a drag bike for 125ft clay and that race is coming soon. i do have a real good connection with someone i know local that can dyno the two engines if they are on a bike. i could just bring one bike and swap engines so the readings are more accurate. base off of one bike setup. dyno machine is setup for dirtbikes and atv's. only thing is my time schedule is not working out for me to do it now and the race is coming soon. it sure would be funny to show up at the race with my tecumseh on it......:laugh: the other funny thing too, clone motor is just a greyhound engine(196cc) most of the guys i will be running against are honda gx200's,212cc predator's and animal engines.
that little greyhound will be barking....:thumbsup:

Last edited:

delray

sorry i don't have a thread on that bike. bike was ready last year. race was on a saturday. but it rain real hard friday and the track would not dry on saturday. bike is on it's second year waiting to run with 60+ more bikes. greyhound motor keeps barking at me when i see it out in the garage.....:laugh: little guy is all happy when i give it some fresh ethanol free 91 octane gas......:laugh:

delray

i was running a 110 mix with the 91 50/50 and then 25/75 and still wasn't really happy way the bike ran. so now i am just running 91 ethanol free and had real good luck with the bike running. 430 big block in my 68 wildcat really likes that 91 gas......:smile: and it smells like your burning racing gas.........:shrug:

delray

Harleys Papa
I have an OHH6 and I have a plan for it
i believe it's all in the way they jet it and governor it from factory. so parts will be easy to replace..
i just wanted to up date little more correct information about the ohh-motor.
i have found they do make two different engines, a 172cc and 195cc
172cc has a smaller bore size. i have seen the 5hp motors in two different engine cc's displacements
and yes my engine is still running strong.......:thumbsup:

Last edited:

fistfullabar

i got real lucky when i was building this motor. i found a bearing cover real cheap on ebay.....:thumbsup:

bearing cover next to stock cover.

also note i clip off the governor parts.

when using a bearing cover it takes a different crank. there will be a grove cut in the shaft about .500 from the cam gear. this is for a snap ring that is installed before putting on the crank seal.

i also got lucky and found a new crank real cheap on ebay.

now that i have a grove crank for a bearing cover and know the distance. i can just cut a grove in my next future build and not buy a new crank.....:thumbsup:
You did get real lucky cause i been looking for this cylinder cover and nada! Got any hints or tips for what model it came from?

delray

sorry fistfullabar,no clue what it came off, seen it on ebay for $10 bucks and the crank cheap too at the same time and i new i had to have it. thinking over the winter i might bore the old cover crankshaft hole out and install a needle bearing cage and also on the flywheel side.
this would be done on completely different engine. i also found couple different aluminum flywheels that will fit this engine. the only thing i would have to do is machine down the coil bracket on the block . so the flywheel and coil would lineup correct and then make a bracket to advance the coil correct.