tecumseh-ohh build

delray

hey dragracertpp, nice running into you too.......:thumbsup:there is always next year when it comes to drag races the bike..:thumbsup: i will be ready for sure. I kind of look at this as more of a testing to see how things work on the bike and was very happy with it. even though i lost the last race. it was very cool of the some of the people coming up to me and telling me you had the fast bike in your class.......:thumbsup:

hey dragracertpp, nice running into you too.......:thumbsup:there is always next year when it comes to drag races the bike..:thumbsup: i will be ready for sure. I kind of look at this as more of a testing to see how things work on the bike and was very happy with it. even though i lost the last race. it was very cool of the some of the people coming up to me and telling me you had the fast bike in your class.......:thumbsup:
Can't wait! Next year I will have a bike to race too

Sent from my iPhone using OldMiniBikes mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Delray, I just found this thread, but I wanted to tell you something you may or may not have known about the OHH heads.

The OHH50 is the (5HP engine) is the 172 cc and the OHH55 - OHH65 (5.5 - 6.5HP engines) are the 195cc engines.
The OHH50 has a smaller combustion chamber than the OHH55-65 heads. The OHH55 Tecumseh Motorsports engine was the 195cc engine that came with the 172cc head.

I don't recall the sizes, but it's a pretty significant different. (I want to think 5 or 6cc smaller, but I can't remember for sure).

The OHH50 heads can be bought for nearly nothing on eBay, so it's almost free horsepower.

I just thought I'd pass that along.

delray

nice to see you on board again...:thumbsup:
i just might be one step in front of you....tecumseh power....:thumbsup:

yes i do know all about the different heads they make and more that you may have not seen or anybody else.
here are the ones you already seen.
small chamber like you where posting early that would be the small bore ohh-motor (172cc) and the large (195cc)
here is a modified 172cc head i milled and installed a set of briggs valves 28.6mm and 25.5mm
left modified head, center stock 172cc, right stock 195cc

have you ever seen a piston this big in a tecumseh ohh...........:laugh: it's big one;;:thumbsup:

also note the 3 inch crankshaft....:thumbsup:

Last edited:

delray

tecumseh power
I don't recall the sizes, but it's a pretty significant different. (I want to think 5 or 6cc smaller, but I can't remember for sure).
i just may have them numbers for you...:thumbsup:
i cc some stock heads in the past and kept a log on all my info.
172head is about 19cc and the 195head is about 23cc
now if you mill .040 it will put you about 15.5cc :thumbsup:
i like the small head. higher compression and still some what of a open chamber head design.

delray

That will scream when your done with it:thumbsup:
owend,that was last years motor. i will have a totally different one this year.....more things to do...:thumbsup:
and yes it did scream last year. so much it was the louds bike in it's class when i race it.:scooter:

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. I want to build another one these everytime I get on these forums!

I had several of these back around 1999 - 2000 and I did the same thing with the Briggs valves. We bored them as well, I had a 3.125" piston in one of them with a custom billet Rod. It was an awesome little engine. I wish I still had some of that stuff.

How big is the bore in the one you have pictured?

The only head I have left is the one above with the welded up chamber. It only has stock size stainless valves though. The welded up chambers made really good power because the quench area with the big bore. With the right clutch and enough sprocket they will buzz with the short stroke they have.

I was dominating the Animals when they came out!

delray

thats crazy if you could get a 3.125 bore in one of these blocks.
just measured a small bore(172cc) block and they still carry the same outer casting and bolt pattern as a 195cc block. i just don't see how you would of got that big of a bore. it almost looks like you would run into the threaded bolt area and maybe the outside casting.

tecumseh power
I was dominating the Animals when they came out!
nice.........:thumbsup:
i had fun with the honda's and clones last year:thumbsup:
not sure you went back far enough to see my video posted of my drag minibike. we run 125ft on clay....:scooter:
bike is so loud i need ear plugs when tuning it....:doah:
https://youtu.be/Ue-4HkKUTNE

thats crazy if you could get a 3.125 bore in one of these blocks.
just measured a small bore(172cc) block and they still carry the same outer casting and bolt pattern as a 195cc block. i just don't see how you would of got that big of a bore. it almost looks like you would run into the threaded bolt area and maybe the outside casting.

tecumseh power nice.........:thumbsup:
i had fun with the honda's and clones last year:thumbsup:
not sure you went back far enough to see my video posted of my drag minibike. we run 125ft on clay....:scooter:
bike is so loud i need ear plugs when tuning it....:doah:
https://youtu.be/Ue-4HkKUTNE

That bad boy sounds awesome! Is that the 255 cam or something else?

Yes, I think you're right. I must be mistaken, because it doesn't look 3.125" would go. I think we used a Kohler 7 or 8 HP piston and it was a bit bigger than the factory 2.795" bore. Back then, we'd go to the local mower shop and he'd let us go through boxes of Pistons and we'd find something we could use. It was a chrome plated piston, and I made a rod for it. Even it was pretty close to the threads.

What piston are you running in yours?

delray

Did you cut the seat pockets on a lathe? If you did how did you mount it?
ole4 i just took the jaws off and fab something from there and also mill the head using the back gears.
it all work pretty slick at the time i did it. head was milled .040 and it was only 2 tenths of a thousand off from one side to the other.
not bad for a 1941 lathe.
really like that old lathe,also tell you i like my valve grinder too..:thumbsup: