Tecumseh puking!

I have a Tecumseh H50. I replaced the carburetor, head gasket, ignition coil, and exhaust. Since I had the head off I decided to tear it down a little further and repaint it. In doing so I removed the governor arm. When I put it back together and went to to tune it. After it ran for a little bit. Keep in mind the governor was out of whack as well as the carburetor. It ( what I can only call) Puked oil from the overflow. I immediately shut it down. Check the oil added a little to get it back to the right level and again started to try to tune it after a minute or so again ii puked. It does not smoke. I have not done a compression test. What could cause this? Could it be from over-revving and the governor being out of whack? Any insight would be appreciate it!

The higher RPMs are pushing oil out.

I would get that governor figured out IMHO
Your other options are to try less oil, or use a catch can to catch the oil coming out.
The increased RPM can create a lot of crankcase pressure which wants to push the oil out.

In my experience, a high RPM engine seems to “like” a certain oil level. Any more and it will puke, any less and the oil level is too low. A catch can is actually a good thing because you can monitor how much oil is being forced out, and then adjust the oil level so that it will push a little bit out but not too much. I like to set the oil level where it pushes a little out, so that you know that it is not starving for oil. But too much oil in the catch can is kind of a waste.

Simplest, cheapest and safest thing to do IMHO is just get the governor working again and run it at governed RPM and see if she still pukes.
If so reduce oil level until it doesn’t puke lol