Tecumseh puking!

I have a Tecumseh H50. I replaced the carburetor, head gasket, ignition coil, and exhaust. Since I had the head off I decided to tear it down a little further and repaint it. In doing so I removed the governor arm. When I put it back together and went to to tune it. After it ran for a little bit. Keep in mind the governor was out of whack as well as the carburetor. It ( what I can only call) Puked oil from the overflow. I immediately shut it down. Check the oil added a little to get it back to the right level and again started to try to tune it after a minute or so again ii puked. It does not smoke. I have not done a compression test. What could cause this? Could it be from over-revving and the governor being out of whack? Any insight would be appreciate it!

I think I got it figured out. I spoke to my father-in-law who gave me the engine. He stated he had lost the dipstick for it and replaced it with one that he just had around. I believe it is shorter than the original, when I look on the specs it says 19 oz of oil however I know I put in a quart.

markus

I think I got it figured out. I spoke to my father-in-law who gave me the engine. He stated he had lost the dipstick for it and replaced it with one that he just had around. I believe it is shorter than the original, when I look on the specs it says 19 oz of oil however I know I put in a quart.
:D