tecumsem 3.5 power sport engine need info.

george3

tecumsem 3.5 power sport engine need info. dont know where to look. need the bearing on the flywheel side. need to find what bearing it is. where do I find out this info.

george3

I have a powersport h35 number on engine 45772y (e)
family ytpxs 1561ba
the engine looks pretty new not to old at all. but the flywheel bearing is bad. where do I find info on this, or parts. dont know if it is ball bearing or not. how do I find this info out??? and where? is this fixable?

george3

I tryed It gives me nothing I want. I must be typeing the wrong questions on google. The crank bearing is junk on the flywheel side. It has a ton of play. I whould like to fix it. is it brass or ball bearing. the engine looks clean. hate to use this as parts engine.

i just did a quick google search and didn't come up with anything either.

what about a lawn mower repair place or something? it seems like they'd have the books on these with the exploded view.

george3

waiting on a responce from them. was to call back today. but didnt. thought I would get good info here to look on line for the correct info for that exact engine. I hate to trash it. it looks so new. hasent anybody tore one of these apart before. lets see some of that knowledg you guys have.

george3

this is the third time I asked questiones about different minibike issues never got the answers so why would I get the answers now. everybody talks like tecumseh is so great but cant get no info on a powersport engine aint that about a bitch.

this might be a dumb question, but have you tried searching on this site to see if any one has posted something that may help?

maybe try pm'ing minidragbike. i think he knows quite a bit about these motors.

george3

just pm a couple people that are witty on this site. I know alot of things but dont how to find info like some of you guys. some are just a suprise to me. havenet taken this apart yet just the flywheel off. the slop is way to much hopeing its a ball bearing but dont think so. hope the crank is good. what a piece of -rap of an engine.

Oldsalt

george3
As we were talking about in the other thread, there's no bushing on the flywheel side or output side. So you won't find one in the parts list for the engine. The crank runs on the aluminum case in vertually all small lawnmower type engines. Punch the aluminum case, useing a properly shaped punch, in the area of the slop in the case or bore it out and replace with a brass bushing, which is a time consumeing job.

Motra

I just emailed you the factory service manual for your engine. As Oldsalt said, there's no servicable bearings on the flywheel side and reboring and installing bronze bushings would probably cost more than you could get a replacement engine for. Tecumseh doesn't have any online parts look-up available to the public.

Oldsalt

I just emailed you the factory service manual for your engine. As Oldsalt said, there's no servicable bearings on the flywheel side and reboring and installing bronze bushings would probably cost more than you could get a replacement engine for. Tecumseh doesn't have any online parts look-up available to the public.
I suppose if the engine was in fact the original engine in the mini and it's was truely a collectable item and an exact relacement block was not available and the crank journal was reasonably round it would be worth the trouble of installing a bushing. Even higher buck U.S. of A. motors are now so cheap it's hard to do repairs on them and come out on top.

George here's a pic of what it looks like inside. No bushing or bearing, just a seal. I'd try what Oldsalt said and peen the case back around the crank. If you know anyone who does machine work, it would be pretty simple to put the bushing in if the crank is a standard size where it goes through the bushing. Anytime you need to know if something has a bearing, tear it down. If you have a bearing, 90+ percent of the time it will be marked on the side shields or etched into the side of the inner or outer race. If not, have someone mic the ID, OD, and thickness, and a good bearing guy at a bearing supply store can tell you off the top of his head what it is.

george3

its looks kind of easy to fix. when its apart. just slowly send a remer through. or drill it under size then finish reem. but after all this I really dont want even open it. 100-1 the crank is jacked as well. any bets on that. has quite a bit of slop. if its a damaged crank bushing wont work. waste of time. what a shame this engine look close to new. a ball or roller bearing would be the only thing that would work. not enough houseing to modify for that type of mod. thanks for the imput. some people learned good info today keep up with that oil levels and changes. because these engines are cheap junk. fact