TEKTON Hand Tools

I wanted to share this with everyone. They came in and offered a Student discount while I was in school. 30% as long as you were a registered student. I bought quit a few tools while I had the discount available. Everything is well made and carries a full replacement lifetime guarantee. All you have to do is submit a photo of the broken tool and they will send out a new replacement for no cost. I broke a very small drive bit working on an Ipad and sent in a pic showing the number on the bit and had a new one inside of a week. They offer single tools or sets that are a money saver.

TEKTON Tools
https://www.tekton.com/

One thing that I found and bought 2 of was their impact set for lug nuts. Comes in a small plastic case with metric and SAE sizes plus a proper short extension. https://www.tekton.com/1-2-inch-drive-6-point-impact-flip-socket-set-4950

Another handy kit is the 135 piece Everybit set. Anything you could want for those very odd Phone or Ipad style fasteners.
https://www.tekton.com/everybit-ratchet-screwdriver-and-bit-set-2841

I use their long needle nose pliers a bunch. The jaw faces are knurled, not coin-edged. It allows gripping at lots of angles a bit better. With fewer tool marks.

I own alot of their tools as well. I got the lug nut set you were talking about and i have the 135 piece everybit set too. There definitely a top choice for me. The quality to price ratio is unbeatable, as well as the fantastic customer service. I rounded a allen key out from wear and tear, they sent me a brand new set up them shipped to my door for free. Ive actually found tektons 3/8 drive allen sockets to be stronger than the USA craftsman equivalent. Found that out after snapping both of them

NorCal

I recently discovered Texton too. Bought one of their 3/8 rackets and I was really impressed by the quality. Their name sugguests an asian tool maker, but they are actualy out of Michigan. (The company, maybe not the tools)

They are good tools. I bought a bunch of them while my 30 percent Student discount was applicable. Equal to the old Craftsman tools that lasted forever. Todays Crapsmans are pretty much disposable... And they want a copy of a receipt to honor the Craftsman "Lifetime Warranty" now.

NorCal

I was watching a video on Tekton, and I guess they started out like Harbor Freight. They bought cheap chinese crap and just put their log on it. Fast forward to today, the three sons took over for the old man and decided to make everything in-house with the aspirations of competing with Snap-on quality at Craftsman prices. They even mirrored alot of the old Craftsman marketing and warranty practices. Except, they have a no question replacement policy. They don't care if you purchased the tool directly from them, or you picked it up 3rd hand at a garage sale.

If the tool fails, snap a picture and send it to them, along with your shipping address. And you get a new tool in the mail no questions asked.

Awesome to see American quality and customer service coming back into style . . . :cool: