Terra Products model 1150

Hi guys I have a question for this forum please about a minibike that I had not heard of before. It is called a Terra Products model 1150 and it has a Hodaka engine. I had previously thought I had seen most model minibikes that had used Hodaka engines but this one escaped me. Might anyone have any information please about this brand or this model?? Was the Hodaka engine stock for this model or did they use a Fuji engine? Pictures are included to see the bike.
Thank you
Paul

Attachments

markus

Next time I pull out my mags I'll see if I can find an add with the 100cc in it, they only ran small adds usually in the Mini bike guides though. Till then this company in Canada sold basically the same bikes that were labeled as Terra products (out of Indiana I believe) and they offered it as a model 555:

I think some of the floaters came with the 100cc 5speeds as well, I have never had any of the bikes, or did extensive research, but I didn't think they were actual Hodaka engines???? Auto ski also used some of those bikes, seen one like the 444 above with the pro am decaling so they may have badged/sold those too for a brief stint.

Do you know about Sportstyl out of PA and KG engineering in MA with the Hodaka's (at least offering them in advertisements) ? There was also a Herters bike that popped up here years ago with a hodaka on it from the mid '70's, dunno if the pictures of it ever survived on here though.

Hi Markus. Thank you for your post. I learn something new everyday. There is a model 1150 Terra Products minibike being offered. It is not in bad shape but the engine seems to be a Fuji engine with a Hodaka shifter side cover. I just enjoy collecting the Hodaka powered Minibikes. They do not take up much space :)
Yes I have heard of and have seen the Sportstyl and the Herter's. The K&G model I have yet to see but I do have the publicity promo photo. Thank you for your help.

Attachments

markus

you guys ever do another run of Boots for the Bonanza's?

Very cool to see the Herters! I remember that was a stumper a few years ago on here for a guy that had found one as nobody had heard of them selling a version with that engine.

Thats a neat shot from KG, The MXH version was the one I have seen in the mag....and lusted over :) Never seen an actual but I always though it was one of the neater mini cycles in looks.

There was a 4 stroke version with external spring forks like your promo shot for sale down here in FL for awhile, so at least I know they were making and selling those, but that a company you rarely see pop up.

Thanks for posting up the photos of those bikes!!!!