Thank you & Share Thread

Hent

I do want to say "Thanks" to those who understand what the other thread is/was about - respect to those who put time into the site - not just to me.

The members who have dedicated many years posting information. We have "professionals" when it comes to certain subjects that you can count on. Members that have been here 9, 10, 11 years. Some maybe just 1 year. I've met a lot of members, in many states,events, etc.

It's been nothing less than interesting to say the least, and I'm certain others have plenty of similar stories and circumstances as well. Lots of stories and friends made.

:thumbsup:

Hent

This isn't about thanking me. Thank the other members who've helped you! Share your stories. Not me! :thumbsup:

Thank you :)

scootercat

Y E S !....All members,that I have been involved with since 2011... Thank You! from another O.M.B. member who wouldn't be here without help....scootercat....

This place has been full of good. I try to give back where I can.

I've had specific questions answered by people who answer because they have the experience and love the hobby. People willing to share their knowledge. That says a lot right there.

I have also had on more than 1 occasion someone send parts to me for nothing in return. Nothing more than to see a project get completed.

I've bought hard to find parts, and even traded parts across the country.

Thank you Drew and the whole community for such an awesome corner of the internet. I don't think I would continue this hobby without being able to research on this forum first.

...Thank the other members who've helped you! Share your stories. Not me! :thumbsup:

Thank you :)
Oh, gosh, where to start? When I joined this board back in '08, Kyle Moody was quick to offer info that helped me ID and resurrect my Lil' Indian. Steve Durham and Mark Franzen have helped me with my projects and each has connected me with new ones. Others helped me with my Fimco mini project. Most recently, maverick1 and Havasu Dave helped me to set up an electroplating operation at home. We'll see how that goes and I'll post an update, especially if the fire department has to respond. :laugh:

I love seeing photos and stories from others about their lives and adventures and different hobbies in the off topic section. Yoop does an excellent job with words and photos sharing the details of his rich life. Haven't seen him on here as much lately. :confused:

I miss some members who seem to be long gone. If you've been here for a few years you know the names. But enthusiast forums are a fluid thing. People do tend to come and go as interests change and as life presents different pressures.

I miss Yellow Hand and his amazing creativity and craftsmanship, and I am thankful that he shared that with us. Of course it was not his choice to leave. RIP.

One fellow mentioned in another thread that there are too many arguments on this board. I guess I'd argue that there are not. I follow several enthusiast forums, and find this one to be quite civil in comparison to those others, especially for the volume of posts. This is a busy site. It's rare to see a real troll here. People here are generally quite respectful of others, and tolerant of questions from newbies. I've seen other forums where you can just get torn up by asking a question that others feel is beneath them.

I'm thankful that people have responded kindly to the off topic items that I post - mostly photos and stories from my travels and the races that I attend. I enjoy sharing that stuff.

And it just goes on and on, with more names than I can recall. Thank you to everyone who is part of this great community.

fistfullabar

Buckeye, AJF, and harley's papa plus delray, cheezy1, makus made, ATKrider are some of the most elite mini bike masters on da planet!!!! Thanks for making this one of the places to be. Real talented cast of cool here with amazing skills. Please Hent dont sell da sandbox to the corp. slavers!!!

Hent

Oh, gosh, where to start? When I joined this board back in '08, Kyle Moody was quick to offer info that helped me ID and resurrect my Lil' Indian. Steve Durham and Mark Franzen have helped me with my projects and each has connected me with new ones. Others helped me with my Fimco mini project. Most recently, maverick1 and Havasu Dave helped me to set up an electroplating operation at home. We'll see how that goes and I'll post an update, especially if the fire department has to respond. :laugh:

I love seeing photos and stories from others about their lives and adventures and different hobbies in the off topic section. Yoop does an excellent job with words and photos sharing the details of his rich life. Haven't seen him on here as much lately. :confused:

I miss some members who seem to be long gone. If you've been here for a few years you know the names. But enthusiast forums are a fluid thing. People do tend to come and go as interests change and as life presents different pressures.

I miss Yellow Hand and his amazing creativity and craftsmanship, and I am thankful that he shared that with us. Of course it was not his choice to leave. RIP.

One fellow mentioned in another thread that there are too many arguments on this board. I guess I'd argue that there are not. I follow several enthusiast forums, and find this one to be quite civil in comparison to those others, especially for the volume of posts. This is a busy site. It's rare to see a real troll here. People here are generally quite respectful of others, and tolerant of questions from newbies. I've seen other forums where you can just get torn up by asking a question that others feel is beneath them.

I'm thankful that people have responded kindly to the off topic items that I post - mostly photos and stories from my travels and the races that I attend. I enjoy sharing that stuff.

And it just goes on and on, with more names than I can recall. Thank you to everyone who is part of this great community.
Yellowhand..

Damn. I have "the chain bike" and "twisted" frame in my office. Pieces of OldMiniBikes History.

capguncowboy

Wow, where do I start?

I think I'd have to thank [MENTION=16535]owend[/MENTION] first -- he was the first person on the site to reach out to me in any capacity. He wasn't doing it because he thought he could make a buck off me or get some parts for cheap. He did it because he saw I needed some help.

[MENTION=20377]buckeye[/MENTION] because he helped me understand why my Briggs engine was screaming like a banshee and how to fix it

[MENTION=47323]OND[/MENTION] fixed an engine I was ready to throw into the garbage because I was so frustrated with trying to time it (for free)

[MENTION=5969]markus[/MENTION] for answering all the "What is it?" questions (seriously, how have answered so many!?) and providing brochure pictures on a regular basis. I'm still not sure how he retains all that info

@Ogypopsis for suggesting to cut cables with a chisel - it works great, by the way
[MENTION=18286]manchester1[/MENTION] for making quality seats when we needed her most

[MENTION=31239]Havasu Dave[/MENTION], [MENTION=14216]SimpleTom[/MENTION], [MENTION=18631]KustomKartKid[/MENTION] for being a great source of knowledge and being so willing to share it with us

[MENTION=44452]thejoker[/MENTION] for being the first true friend I found in this hobby

[MENTION=47539]topnotch[/MENTION] for calling on a regular basis to keep me motivated to complete my projects

[MENTION=13543]derekbmn[/MENTION] for selling me Cat parts a few times, even though he claims he NEVER sells CAT parts

[MENTION=32544]Iron Honky[/MENTION] for supplying me with hard-to-find parts for good prices so I could finish my builds

[MENTION=18319]chatten63[/MENTION] for keeping Healds/Heathkits alive with not only parts, but the knowledge he so willingly shares.

[MENTION=31879]CarPlayLB[/MENTION] for being awesome. The guy is a real asset to this hobby and is as generous as they come

There are really too many guys to name, but don't worry -- I appreciate it, nonetheless. You've made me feel at home here and contribute to this site nearly every day.

Thank you.

Last edited:
A little more than 7 years ago I came to this forum at the young age of almost 46 just to get an ID on a bike I bought in the hopes I could have something to get my not yet 5 year old grandson into :thumbsup: In those 7 years I have not only learned a lot but have been able to pass some of my knowledge on to others :thumbsup: I have made many friends here, some I know personally and some just on here, some have gone and come back and some will never be back(RIP Yellowhand :crying:) I have more friends on this site than I have ever had here at home :doah: Those of you that read my threads have watched my grandkids grow up, my then all most 5 grandson will be 12 this May :doah: where has the time gone, while he does love to help Papa work on the bikes I still cant get him to ride one :eek:ut:

I guess what I'm trying to say is this has been a great place for me and with out this site and the people that Mama and I have met here I don't think my life would be as good as it is :thumbsup:

Last edited:

buckeye

A little more than 7 years ago I can to this forum at the young age of almost 46 just to get an ID on a bike I bought in the hopes I could have something to get my not yet 5 year old grandson into :thumbsup: In those 7 years I have not only learned a lot but have been able to pass some of my knowledge on to others :thumbsup: I have made many friends here, some I know personally and some just on here, some have gone and come back and some will never be back(RIP Yellowhand :crying:) I have more friends on this site than I have ever had here at home :doah: Those of you that read my threads have watched my grandkids grow up, my then all most 5 grandson will be 12 this May :doah: where has the time gone, while he does love to help Papa work on the bikes I still cant get him to ride one :eek:ut:

I guess what I'm trying to say is this has been a great place for me and with out this site and the people that Mama and I have met here I don't think my life would be as good as it is :thumbsup:

This is what I meant to say without the grandkids part.
So true Randy.

A little more than 7 years ago I can to this forum at the young age of almost 46 just to get an ID on a bike I bought in the hopes I could have something to get my not yet 5 year old grandson into :thumbsup: In those 7 years I have not only learned a lot but have been able to pass some of my knowledge on to others :thumbsup: I have made many friends here, some I know personally and some just on here, some have gone and come back and some will never be back(RIP Yellowhand :crying:) I have more friends on this site than I have ever had here at home :doah: Those of you that read my threads have watched my grandkids grow up, my then all most 5 grandson will be 12 this May :doah: where has the time gone, while he does love to help Papa work on the bikes I still cant get him to ride one :eek:ut:

This what I meant to say also, good words Randy......Oh.......without the grandkids.:laugh:
I came on this site looking to get a mini bike identified that I had as a kid. I was going to fix it up and sell it. When I first joined, I had 2 cars in my garage. Now there is so many mini bikes you can't even get in the garage.:laugh: I sure learned a lot about minibikes. My life definitely took a different direction from this forum. Thank you my OldMiniBikes family.:thumbsup:

Yellowhand..

Damn. I have "the chain bike" and "twisted" frame in my office. Pieces of OldMiniBikes History.
Post a pic or a link to a pic please sir. I would like to see them.

I have only been here a little over a year and I have asked lots of dumb questions and gotten lots of quality answers. There are just too many people on here to try and list names of people that have offered up informative help. I came here because I googled "minibike" after I won a minibike in an auction. For a grand total of $1.50 bid. Yes a dollar and fifty cents. I didn't post it and ask what is it. I was determined (for some reason unbeknownst to me) to figure it out by my self. I did finally figure out that it was a Cat 250 X. And through this forum I have almost every part to put it together. I would ask about parts for sale and would be told quit honestly that "no that wont work on a 250, you need a so and so". People would tell people that I needed something that they listed in the for sale and they would PM me so that I saw it.

You just cant say thank you to... and name names as the list is the hole membership. The very first person to friend me on the forum was [MENTION=47323]OND[/MENTION]. And then others friended me and I have friended more too. I know I have annoyed more people with goofy questions but they always take the time to answer the question with the needed information. I have enjoyed this forum from day one and hope to be able to stay here a long time. I have more projects than I have life left but these Minibikes have taken over and have been a lot of fun.

I am the guy who begged and begged for a mini bike as a kid and never got one. We had the means and the money but I am an only child (I refer to it as a lonely child) and they said I would get hurt.... Hell I got hurt plenty just being a boy.

A BIG thank you to everyone! If you have helped me a double thank you! Some of you have been more than helpful to me and it doesn't go unnoticed. I am thankful to be here. I hope I can pass on some of what has been shared with me and that I have picked up just by reading your post.

Thank you!

Doug

Last edited:
Wow, where do I start?

I think I'd have to thank [MENTION=16535]owend[/MENTION] first -- he was the first person on the site to reach out to me in any capacity. He wasn't doing it because he thought he could make a buck off me or get some parts for cheap. He did it because he saw I needed some help.

[MENTION=20377]buckeye[/MENTION] because he helped me understand why my Briggs engine was screaming like a banshee and how to fix it

[MENTION=47323]OND[/MENTION] fixed an engine I was ready to throw into the garbage because I was so frustrated with trying to time it (for free)

[MENTION=5969]markus[/MENTION] for answering all the "What is it?" questions (seriously, how have answered so many!?) and providing brochure pictures on a regular basis. I'm still not sure how he retains all that info

@Ogypopsis for suggesting to cut cables with a chisel - it works great, by the way
[MENTION=18286]manchester1[/MENTION] for making quality seats when we needed her most

[MENTION=31239]Havasu Dave[/MENTION], [MENTION=14216]SimpleTom[/MENTION], [MENTION=18631]KustomKartKid[/MENTION] for being a great source of knowledge and being so willing to share it with us

[MENTION=44452]thejoker[/MENTION] for being the first true friend I found in this hobby

[MENTION=47539]topnotch[/MENTION] for calling on a regular basis to keep me motivated to complete my projects

[MENTION=13543]derekbmn[/MENTION] for selling me Cat parts a few times, even though he claims he NEVER sells CAT parts

[MENTION=32544]Iron Honky[/MENTION] for supplying me with hard-to-find parts for good prices so I could finish my builds

[MENTION=18319]chatten63[/MENTION] for keeping Healds/Heathkits alive with not only parts, but the knowledge he so willingly shares.

[MENTION=31879]CarPlayLB[/MENTION] for being awesome. The guy is a real asset to this hobby and is as generous as they come

There are really too many guys to name, but don't worry -- I appreciate it, nonetheless. You've made me feel at home here and contribute to this site nearly every day.

Thank you.
Thanks for the shout out Drew and your welcome:thumbsup: All of the people you have mentioned I have had the pleasure of dealing with at one time or another! It would take me years to thank everyone here that has helped me in one form or another, seriously!!

Thanks for the shout out Drew and your welcome:thumbsup: All of the people you have mentioned I have had the pleasure of dealing with at one time or another! It would take me years to thank everyone here that has helped me in one form or another, seriously!!
I would have to say the same. The list is endless. Thank you to everyone on here.

45t

I miss working with Trailhopper - Steve Rent who passed away in 2015. I worked with him on some decals for various Cat bikes and my son's Cub Scout Cubmobile decal needs. He was a great guy to work with.

Also, Casey Davis. Casey was a great resource for Cat information and he was the one that got me hooked on the Cat brand.

There's some great folks that have helped me with mini bike related needs or just friendly conversation over the years. - Roccosbike, theJoker, Derekbmn, KustomKartKid, Manchester, fulcrumflyer, Havasudave, Frank Davis, Murrayeliminator, KC57, jlesliel, slywilliez, Injuntom to mention a few.

I also want to Thank all of you that answered my questions. I haven't been here as long as a lot of you but I feel welcome here. I also try to help out others when I can. I'm sure I ruffled a few feathers here and there also. I apologize if I did.
I really, really like this forum. Thanks to ALL that make it possible.
Everyday when I log onto my computer, I come here first. I love reading the updates on the build off bikes. I admire the work and artistery fellow members put into their minibikes. I love the What is it thread. I have posted in there a few times and always got fast replies. Thanks to all that have answered my inquiries.
Thank you all for putting up with me. In the future I vow to help others more.
Thank you Everyone, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. I love this place...

Danford1

Last edited:

KB2ROCKET

Charles aka mini drag bike introduced me to this site many years ago and I am glad to be here because the other kart racing site was tired of listening to me talk about mini bikes anyways thanKS to all the people that actually reply to my posts and include me in your gatherings like minibike madness at billetproof in florida. I have built a few things and I am willing to share what I know if you don't mind sifting through the plethora of my banter :)