I tried something a little different just now. I watered down some coarse buffing compound and used a paper towel and attempted to remove overspray from the chrome serial number tag. It worked
I was alittle nervous but went with very light down pressure on it and it slowly disappeared. The raffle bike will have the origanal ID tag on it
I will spray adhesive the decal back on bike tomorrow.
I got a couple things put on the bike today. Wish i had some parts back from the chrome plater i could put front forks together and rear shocks together. I need to run parts up the get zinc plated and get motor into the machine shop. Tore it down and bore is pretty bad. Going to need bored out. I have a .020 piston for it.
Today was like Christmas. I got a phone call yesterday saying that the parts were chromed and the day before i got a message saying the hubs and brake backing plate were burnished. Karen sent me some new snaps for putting seat on. Today everything is here. Thank you Sam Bennett for getting the hubs and backing plate done so fast and Karen Krause for sending the snaps.