The BAD NEWS..... Heart Attack!!

RogerA

My happiness with my Skat Kitty will have to end. I had a heart attack the next week after purchasing it. Next came an attempt to stent, but I was two blocked. So after triple bypass heart surgery of 100%, 85%, and 75% blockages, my outlook on life and projects have changed. Add in the fact that we will be moving Missouri to Texas to be near son, so time to get rid of a few things. Even though I have not been a member long, this is a great group, and I have spent HOURS on here reading and learning. My son will help me pack Skat Kitty, and I will be putting it on the bay to sell. THANKS AGAIN for all the info, question answered, and thoughts on Skat Kitty. Looks Like my next ride will be a golf cart in the Dell Webb community, of Sun City Texas. Thanks Guys!!

My parents lived in a Dell Webb community (Sun City Lincoln Hills in CA) and loved it there. Tons of stuff to do and they had a GEM electric vehicle that they'd roll around in. They could take it on any road in the area that had a speed limit of 35mph or less IIRC.

My happiness with my Skat Kitty will have to end. I had a heart attack the next week after purchasing it. Next came an attempt to stent, but I was two blocked. So after triple bypass heart surgery of 100%, 85%, and 75% blockages, my outlook on life and projects have changed. Add in the fact that we will be moving Missouri to Texas to be near son, so time to get rid of a few things. Even though I have not been a member long, this is a great group, and I have spent HOURS on here reading and learning. My son will help me pack Skat Kitty, and I will be putting it on the bay to sell. THANKS AGAIN for all the info, question answered, and thoughts on Skat Kitty. Looks Like my next ride will be a golf cart in the Dell Webb community, of Sun City Texas. Thanks Guys!!
I live about a mile from Sun city in Georgetown tx. When you feel better you can come by to talk and see mine.

So sorry to hear of your health problem. Glad you were able to get through it and ready to move down into the sunny state of Texas . Best of luck in the future and please don't be a stranger to us guys here on a OldMiniBikes. My best and you're in my prayers tonight. Mark

just saw today on the internet the top 50 over 55 places in the USA sun city georgetown was rated #3! All kinds of things to do there. It has the highest incidence of STD's in the state. Must be a lot of loose widows running around.

Roger just a thought if you really do not want to sell it you could ship it to me and I have a outside shelter where I can store it till you get down here. I can help you get it together as well. I would be a big hit in sun city to put around and they used to and I am sure still do have car shows there you could bring it to.

RogerA

Roger just a thought if you really do not want to sell it you could ship it to me and I have a outside shelter where I can store it till you get down here. I can help you get it together as well. I would be a big hit in sun city to put around and they used to and I am sure still do have car shows there you could bring it to.
I have thought about this too. If it does not sell, i'm going to have son box it up, and it will go on the truck with my recliner, TV, and tool box. Those are the only things I'm taking. My wife is in charge of everything else on the truck, and that is just fine with me!!! LOL!!!!

Hi Roger - so glad you are doing better. You are just up the highway a bit from me. I'm in St. Charles, MO. At least the weather will be a little better down south. I would think about taking the bike with you - who knows, you may feel really well in a short period of time and wish you had kept it.
Best of luck in your move!
Steve

Don't give up just yet. I had mine in 2013, two surgeries, 5 stents, and was at 30% heart function. I'm still working part time, road race with my son all over the east coast ( I wrench, he drives)and built a pair of pit bikes. I thank the big guy everyday for giving me another day to play.