The Best Guitarist You've (probably) Never Heard Of!

oh i gotcha, i just saw zak wylde, bryan adams and jeff healey on this last page and thought the thread had morphed a bit. Ole Jerry never gets enough credit as a picker IMO.
Yeah, I just looked at previous posts and I've strayed along with others. Feel free to post any guitarists you want, the thread may get a bit more action that way.
TU.jpg

yea he is another good one for sure. I know the rock guys get most of the attention on guitar discussions (and rightfully so) but their country cousins have some stars too. I like the old surf rock stuff too, Dick dale has to get an honorable mention of course.
I like surf rock, also spaghetti western music, and there's some stuff that sounds like a combination of the two that I like.

When I was in my early and mid teens, my older brother had every Ventures album. We'd sit in his living room and listen to them on his huge console stereo, it stuck with me.

funny thing is, to a lot of these younger guys, jerry reed, roy clark ,dick dale and others like them are unknowns lol I'm 47 but have older tastes in music for the most part. I have 2 400 cd changers piggybacked, turntable and a dual cassette deck in my shop stereo jammin at all times. can be anything from frank sinatra to lightnin hopkins to bill monroe.

funny thing is, to a lot of these younger guys, jerry reed, roy clark ,dick dale and others like them are unknowns lol I'm 47 but have older tastes in music for the most part. I have 2 400 cd changers piggybacked, turntable and a dual cassette deck in my shop stereo jammin at all times. can be anything from frank sinatra to lightnin hopkins to bill monroe.
I almost mentioned that, earlier (those legends being unknown to younger people). 47? I'm 66!!!

I have relatively eclectic taste in music but I'm partial to rock guitar. I don't need vocals, I wish there were more instrumentals. A lot of stuff, I tolerate the vocals (and often stupid lyrics) for the instruments.

pomfish

Charles S,

Have you explored Southern Culture on the Skids?
Lead guitar player Rick Miller does some very good Dick Dale stuff and the whole band is just down to earth people with funny lyrics.
They actually throw out fried chicken into to the audience during the Song "Eight Piece Box"

Here's some surf instrumental
Meximelt;

Something a little slower;
Vodoo Cadillac
Met them a few times,been going to their gigs when they come to PA for 15 years. Check em out!