The Big Bully

Not to stir the pot....but I see people spend tons and tons of dough on minis and parts. Or they sell tons and tons of things on here...but then cry over 25 bucks and claim they are broke..their dog ate it..whatever. I am on a Lionel site...that is 50 bucks a year..plus whatever fees. So 25 is damn cheap when it comes to forums. And most forums you need to pay (or forced to)to see anything or even speak on them. There is always the cheap route on Facebook...that is where most the clowns really don't know nothing and you are bound to get the wrong info because they are mostly all new to this scene and are self proclaimed "gurus" after being in minis for a year or two. So again...this place is priceless with all the info and the members knowledge. As far as a "lifetime" membership here...I would be interested in that. Since I have been here constant for so many years..I would find that very beneficial. As far as the selling aspect...I rarely sell here or anywhere...so I will remain quiet on that topic..lol.

Drew and Viki are the hardest working people you could ever meet. I appreciate their hard work and everything they do with this forum and I thank them.:thumbsup: This forum is a great place and if you don't like the way it is run, then don't log on. I have made many friends here that are like family. Many other people have tried to start a mini bike forum and have failed. Its not that easy. "If it was easy, everybody would do it". :scooter: Thank you Drew & Viki.

I rarely post on these types of threads as often times it's best to leave it between the parties involved, however, I have to say, being a member since 2008, that there is no better site for mini bikes on the planet! $25 a year is literally NOTHING when you consider the friends made, the pictures of rares bikes, the parts sourced and most importantly the KNOWLEDGE base on this site. Example, the many threads that Markus has started on Tecumseh engines has easily paid for my membership many times over.

I find it very disappointing to see people complaining about $25 a year or even $300 as a vendor. If they are complaining it's because they have very little idea of how a real business operates. This site does not run for free. Hent is correct, this site started as an enthusiast site with no FB, no Warehouse etc...in fact, back then Hent wanted nothing to do with FB or other social media outlets...BUT, when the site grew he saw an opportunity. I think most people would have done the same thing. I applaud him for that. He showed great initiative and it has helped all of us. His gain is also our gain. I'm happy for him and his family and I'm super appreciative for this site and what it has become. On many occasions it has helped me source hard to find parts, get general advice and even info on how to fix something, and I'd like to think I've done the same for others. Most of all the enjoyment. All of that is worth a helluva lot more than $25 a year. Cheers!

Thank You Hent and Team!

To those that gripe about any fees that you may or may not pay.Drew and Vickie take time out of their lives to provide this site.If you don't think their time is not important,why not come mow and weed eat my yard.for free. Yea...Thought so.

Thanks for taking time to do this Drew and Vickie.I mostly come to the site to learn and don't post very much.I also have been a supporting member on and off for about 7 years.I also have sold some stuff on here.25 bucks just for the info,and the opportunity to reach a target group for anything you might want to sell....Priceless.

Newbie, chiming in. Who cares what someone else makes? I have been helped by members that have ID'd a couple mini's that I've sold and others that I'm keeping. Seemed like the right thing to do, becoming a supporting member, instead of a tick that just feeds off the site. My projects are coming along faster, cheaper and more correctly as a result of this site and the members that take the time to help out a new guy that they've never met. $25/year? Bargain. Thanks Hent, for bringing us all together, and everyone else that helps another when they can. Someday, hopefully, I'll be able to do the same for someone who knows even less than me.
Give back.

I took that picture at the California Mini Bike event held by MiniBike Paul. And the man in the corner of this picture is just happens to be someone I knew and worked with at the Beverly Hilton Hotel he was in the engineering department like me I did the Refrigeration and he was an electrician. A place the Hilton where I got to meet so many so many world known stars and important people
OldMiniBikes is filled with special people some good some bad and some missing but will always be welcome members like GTO
MikeBear we are glad your still here like me a sideline enthusiast

I took that picture at the California Mini Bike event held by MiniBike Paul. And the man in the corner of this picture is just happens to be someone I knew and worked with at the Beverly Hilton Hotel he was in the engineering department like me I did the Refrigeration and he was an electrician. A place the Hilton where I got to meet so many so many world known stars and important people
OldMiniBikes is filled with special people some good some bad and some missing but will always be welcome members like GTO
MikeBear we are glad your still here like me a sideline enthusiast
You saved me Steve. GTO is who I was trying to think of in my post!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As for a lifetime membership you could do a year for 25 and a lifetime membership for 125 or in that area with a t shirt and stickers. People love stickers. Its not really the 25 bucks but the action of having to renew. Lifers will gladly pay the money up front. Just having the option is nice.
I would guess for some poeple also they buy tons of parts from you and then there like this guys gonna bang me for 25 bucks too for his website. Most forums arent attached to a buisness people probebly also feel like im just paying him 25 bucks and its going in his pocket.
Websites cost money and time of which you put in and do a fantastic job but from the outside looking in the forumn kinda looks like its there to make a couple extra bucks.

I do believe that drew and viki were giving a 2 year membership to those donating $25 to a local Go fund me for a girl in need of some surgery. I'd say that's pretty selfless and a great deal plus it's going to a good cause. Just saying if there are some people who have a problem giving the boss $25 a year how bout you give it to this girl. Maybe youes out there will feel better about it. Just saying. I did it and didn't even ask for the second year free.

As for a lifetime membership you could do a year for 25 and a lifetime membership for 125 or in that area with a t shirt and stickers. People love stickers. Its not really the 25 bucks but the action of having to renew. Lifers will gladly pay the money up front. Just having the option is nice.
I would guess for some poeple also they buy tons of parts from you and then there like this guys gonna bang me for 25 bucks too for his website. Most forums arent attached to a buisness people probebly also feel like im just paying him 25 bucks and its going in his pocket.
Websites cost money and time of which you put in and do a fantastic job but from the outside looking in the forumn kinda looks like its there to make a couple extra bucks.
Doesn't look at all to me that Hent is "trying to make a couple extra bucks" on this site. If that were the case then everyone would have to pay to be on here...

From reading all these posts it goes without saying that Hent puts tremendous time, energy, money, into this and yet still deals with the aggravation caused by a very few who seem to not appreciate what this is.....

I, like many, have gained an unbelievable amount of help with my projects from some really great folks here and giving back should be reciprocated when it is received. That is why I also pay the $25 to be a supporting member.. It's less about paying and more about "doing the right thing" for all the resources I use here and the knowledge I have gained.. As much as I come here for some comradeship or to help, I also come here to learn something...with that said it's not right to gripe or not help out.

All this crying about the $25 supporting membership and the cost of being a vendor :doah: IMO I don't think there should be a life time membership and quit crying you want a shirt too :eek:ut: Just man up and pay or not, buy a shirt, buy a sticker or ask for one when you buy your parts :thumbsup:
I have been a member of this site for 7 years now, I have joined a couple of other sites and I am not active on any of them this is the best and fastest moving site bar non :thumbsup: I too have had the pleasure of meeting Drew and Vicky and enjoy an adult beverage or two at Windber :thumbsup: The Warehouse is where I do most of my business(there is that rare time when they don't have what I need) and have always been more than happy and on the rare occasion there is a problem Vicky has helped me herself :thumbsup:

fistfullabar

Thanks "OldMiniBikes" fo taking out da trash!!! Big Hent making a dent keeping us bent...over wit laughing at the silly sucker clowns trying to bring down da best site in around.

Since were just spitballin ideas here and this is an informative post nothing i post should get your nipples up in a twist.
If i really wanted a shirt i would just buy one.
Giving the option to pay more with a little incentive would pay off the shirt and decal is free advertising. Being able to pay once and not worry about it is what most would do. And considering lots of forum members get real into minibikes then disapear the return would be in the sites favor.

If i really wanted a shirt i would just buy one.
Being able to pay once and not worry about it is what most would do.
1st off it wasn't directed at just you :doah: 2nd then just buy a shirt :thumbsup: 3rd did you ever hear of inflation :shrug: How about a one time fee of $1000.00 to be a life time member :thumbsup:

Last edited:
1st off it wasn't directed at just you :doah: 2nd them just buy a shirt :thumbsup: 3rd did you ever hear of inflation :shrug: How about a one time fee of $1000.00 to be a life time member :thumbsup:
That wouldn't work for old people like you. You maybe have 4-5 more years and that would be a waste for you to spend 1,000 bucks.:biggrin:

Hent

I don't like you anymore. Your membership actually expires Tomorrow. Please do not renew.

[TABLE="class: tborder, width: 100%, align: center"]
[TR]
[TD="class: tcat, colspan: 2, align: center"]Paid Subscriptions[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: alt1"]Supporting Member[/TD]
[TD="class: alt1"]04-04-2016 to 04-04-2017[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
Edit: I sent you a full refund for the last year.

For a thou this free t shirt better never fade.

Last edited:
The man defending himself (Hent) is the Forum owner/operator, he chose to post so he made it forum business. And I'm not attacking you just letting you know the score, you are certainly entitled to your opinion and under any other circumstances I'd agree with you.
Was meant towards the op behappy/bikebuddy not Hent who surely has a right to defend himself.