The "Bottle Rocket" Build

Believe it or not I have used a $89.00 Dollar Harbor Freight wire feed for 8 years now, built over 20+ bicycles, a motorcycle, 2 mopeds a hot rod and now a minibike and a sidecar and not one weld failure!
It is not the cleanest welding, but I have gotten real good with a grinder!
:thumbsup:

I've done the same with my cheapo welder from HF. One item I built I tested to 7 times the weight it would carry and it didn't fail. Yeah you do tend to get good with a grinder using that type of welder,lol.

Ratbike

Believe it or not I have used a $89.00 Dollar Harbor Freight wire feed for 8 years now, built over 20+ bicycles, a motorcycle, 2 mopeds a hot rod and now a minibike and a sidecar and not one weld failure!
It is not the cleanest welding, but I have gotten real good with a grinder!
Yep, thats what I use!!:thumbsup::shrug:

Hey Kenny,
We are having a "Mini Bike" Class this year at our "Billetproof Show" in Gainesville :smile:

You guys should bring your Mini's :thumbsup:

Glenn

Hey Glenn, as you know, I sold my Truck, so hopefully one of the other Salvagerz will be driving theirs so we can bring some Mini's with us!!
I can't wait

Plumcrazy-Its an old bicycle speedo, I had to modify the bracket that attaches to the axle. Drill it out and a spacer.
It doesn't read actual speed (of course) but it does look cool doesn't it?! lol

Congrats back at ya Street Smart! Pretty cool!

Looks like I might have to take a friend down the track this year!
Sidecar project for the Bottle Rocket is done. Here is a pic before paint and pan.

Shakedown run, low speed turnaround practice.
Click on the picture and it should play short clip.
My 9 year old shot this so it's a little shakey.

Last edited:
That's awesome Kenny! he's gotta be having a blast riding around in something DAD built. Good work, looks like a blast. Now, when will we see a big 20+HP engine dropped in that thing? :biggrin:

I am waiting to see the CBR600RR motor hidden under some sheet metal here in the next few posts!!! LOL!

What do you use for a tubing bender, that thing turned out relly nice!

Thanks guys!
Tubing bender?? Well Hemi, I cheat and find what I can, the actual base "was" a hand cart/dolly that was in the trash. I cut the base and wheels off and just spread out the handle. The other pieces I found already bent, I just cut them down to what I thought looked good and worked.

You can see the hand cart in red....

Nobody ever throws good stuff like that away here where i live, LOL! I looked through you bikes link and seen all the stuff you have built and assumed you had a tubing binder, we all know what happens when you assume....:facepalm:

Hey Kenny, I think my buddy and I raced you at Billetproof in Gainesville this year. Are you going to the mini bike drags at Billetproof Lakeland in October? We're going there with a couple of bikes.

I'm really thinking about putting together a drag mini to play with. I wish we lived closer to each other so we could get some friendly competition going.

Yes there will be a group of us heading over again.
Really looking forward to it.
I havent touched the mini 'cept for the sidecar.
I hope to at least regear it before then. Either way its a blast going down the track.

I bet there will be some F A S T Bikes there this year!!! :scooter: