"THE CADILLAC" blue and gold doodlebug

This will be my first project on my first mini bike so bear with me. this thread will be fairly simple and i don't expect to do anything as cool as some of the other projects on here. i am open for ideas or help. I am a rookie at this kind of thing so help would be great.

I have already stripped everything off the frame. it is currently red.

Ok so here is my idea. a blue frame and fenders with gold rims, engine covers, and chain guard. lastly i have an old Cadillac badge i painted gold that will go on the back fender.

I would appreciate it if people could tell me how to make the paint look the best. (what type of paint, techniques, etc.)

sorry not very good photos.

WIN_20160524_220747.JPG

WIN_20160524_220800.JPG

WIN_20160524_220756.JPG

WIN_20160524_220752.JPG

I have now done some of the priming.

just a few questions:

as my mini is completely taken apart i want to do the necessary upgrades. my clutch is toast so i want to buy a torque converter and i don't know a whole lot about them.

what modifications will i have to do to fit it on, if any?

which one should i buy, for the most sensible option?

and how will this effect my chain length?

here is some updated photos.

I primed the whole thing and painted the fenders and other small stuff. the color is rust-oleum blue metallic speck.
my second color is obviously gold but i bought some miniature gold flakes to put into the clearcoat.

my plan is to pinstripe some flames on the front fender. the inside will be gold with the flakes with a silver pinstripe outline, and the rest will be blue. the Cadillac logo will be on the back fender.

tell me what you think. i really need some advice as to torque converter though.

IMG_20160526_193948.jpg

IMG_20160526_194708.jpg

IMG_20160526_194715.jpg

IMG_20160526_194728.jpg

IMG_20160526_202150.jpg

Hey Doodle-Bug,

I notice no one has replied....I wish I could offer advice on torque converters, but I too am learning...I know it will help give you a Cadillac Ride though...!...automatic transmission and all :thumbsup:

It seems our members here work great off of specific questions, and as many pictures as possible...:laugh:....that said...what kind of specific questions do you have about torque converters ?

Also, I wanted to say that your bike is looking great, and to encourage you to keep up the good work :thumbsup:

Hey Doodle-Bug,

I notice no one has replied....I wish I could offer advice on torque converters, but I too am learning...I know it will help give you a Cadillac Ride though...!...automatic transmission and all :thumbsup:

It seems our members here work great off of specific questions, and as many pictures as possible...:laugh:....that said...what kind of specific questions do you have about torque converters ?

Also, I wanted to say that your bike is looking great, and to encourage you to keep up the good work :thumbsup:
Thank you for the encouragement! i was wondering if i was doing something wrong:laugh:

The link i posted earlier of the thread with my torque converter question. here it is again:http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/honda-clone-predator/130491-torque-converters-2.html

There seems to be a few complications with a torque converter being put on a predator 212 as far as how it fits.

that smooth ride is important though!:001_cool:

buckeye

Not a DB fan but, looks good.
Can't help ya on the TV deal either.
Just didn't want ya talking to yourself.:laugh:
Folks,have been looking at the final build off stuff.
It will calm down and someone will chime in.

I bought one of these knock offs for my go kart and they work great!! And cheap!! Others have attested to their quality for the price!! Comes with a #35 12t sprocket and a #41 10t sprocket! I did have to make a different spacer that was slightly longer for the crankshaft to get the driver aligned with the driven pulley...no big deal if you have simple hacksaw skills and a vise! Just need a short length of 3/4 I.D. pipe for the spacer...the one included is too short for the Predator for proper alignment! The other minor problem is with the extra spacing it leaves a empty gap between the end of the Predator crankshaft and the driven....not a huge deal but most like to fill that gap with a drilled out cut off old crankshaft piece so the holding bolt and washer can snug up the driver nicely with the crankshaft. If you dont get the driven and driver aligned properly you will shred belts left and right!! Hope this helps you out!

Go Kart Torque Converter Kit Clutch 3 4" Comet TAV2 30 75 218353A 12T 35 10T 41 | eBay

The front fender had a very large dent in it so i got my tub of bondo and fixed it up! i dont have any before or during photos because i forgot.:doah:
i will post a photo when i get home of the dent underneath and how smooth it is on top. that may work.

here is close up from the photo when i had it in front of garage door.

ok this photo is pretty much useless because u cant see what it looked like before but :closedeyes:

STR-E-250 - WIN_20160531_171537 (2).JPG

I bought one of these knock offs for my go kart and they work great!! And cheap!! Others have attested to their quality for the price!! Comes with a #35 12t sprocket and a #41 10t sprocket! I did have to make a different spacer that was slightly longer for the crankshaft to get the driver aligned with the driven pulley...no big deal if you have simple hacksaw skills and a vise! Just need a short length of 3/4 I.D. pipe for the spacer...the one included is too short for the Predator for proper alignment! The other minor problem is with the extra spacing it leaves a empty gap between the end of the Predator crankshaft and the driven....not a huge deal but most like to fill that gap with a drilled out cut off old crankshaft piece so the holding bolt and washer can snug up the driver nicely with the crankshaft. If you dont get the driven and driver aligned properly you will shred belts left and right!! Hope this helps you out!

Go Kart Torque Converter Kit Clutch 3 4" Comet TAV2 30 75 218353A 12T 35 10T 41 | eBay
wow! that's a great deal! almost as cheap as a clutch.

Not a DB fan but, looks good.
Can't help ya on the TV deal either.
Just didn't want ya talking to yourself.:laugh:
Folks,have been looking at the final build off stuff.
It will calm down and someone will chime in.
hey no hard feelings! im not a buckeye fan either!:laugh: