"THE CHRISTMAS TRIKE" Redux

Shipping Today : Back in 1970 in Loa Angeles we had no UPS or Fed X if you wanted parts from Azusa Engineering or Steen's you jumped in your ride and hit the freeway, of course there was not as much traffic and gas was cheap compared to today. And our Post office for shipping just didn't work very well for small business. I have lived n the small towns two and had to wait for the UPS delivery or even the Gray Hound Bus delivery's at the local Bowling alley.
And to Karen the seats look great and I never doubted that they would be top notch .
Waiting for parts is never fun.
Steve

This is my last post here.

Steve, I will be contacting you so you can see the finished trike, hopefully between Christmas and NewYears...

Last edited:

CarPlayLB

AAA ...Steve is a good member here and he will surely post up some pics! There is a LOT going on right now...please be patient.

May I suggest becoming a supporting member? You will get to know the secret handshake!

Don, I'm asking you to reconsider. I am fully aware of what's going on, and get "fed up" myself some times. Several of us have been watching this build and feel it is an important one. You have done considerable justice to it.

I hope you reconsider posting updates on this bike.

Sincerely, (Havasu) Dave

Don, I'm asking you to reconsider. I am fully aware of what's going on, and get "fed up" myself some times. Several of us have been watching this build and feel it is an important one. You have done considerable justice to it.

I hope you reconsider posting updates on this bike.

Sincerely, (Havasu) Dave
I second Dave's statement on the build.

I also hope to see the thread continue. I sent my contact information to Don and there is a chance that I might be able to meet Don up in Tacoma where my mother lives with my niece Dana lives, she is the little girl sitting in the Trike inside the shop.
Steve

This is David Daniels who lives in Vancouver, Wash

Big brother Bill Daniels lives in Lacy, Washington

No clue what became of the original Steve ? I know you were still asking family members.

Would be cool if it was still out there somewhere who would throw something like that out ?

Hi Gerry : Well the one person that might have known where it went is my deceased brother Don. He had some relations in a small mountain community called Frasier Park, California . The other part is what ever happened to the frame of the second Red Trike ? I know it never was finished so the parts were just put back into stock.
Steve

Well sadly it sounds like we will never know. I really enjoy staring at the old pictures of it and the one-page brochure of the prototype. There's something about that little trike and the story behind it that really evokes nostalgia for me. Two guys toiling away in a shop late at night,racing the clock to build home made toys for their kids. Far better than any store bought gift.
To me that trike still means it's Christmas time.

Last edited: