The Compton-Denver Connection. (Street) mini drag bike

Daniel Coop

The plan was to enter this bike in the 2018 Build-Off's new drag bike class, but with a complete move of their entire shop/store to a new location, my roller, which I ordered mid-late December-ish had to be put on hold until just last week. I was promised the first frame of the year from the new shop. I was just deciding on the back wheel/tire combo the night before last... My 2 choices were;
this 13×6.50×6 tire on Douglas 6×6 wheel, OR...

This 11×7.1×5 Bridgestone Kart slick on 5×7 Douglas wheel.
What do you think I choose??

*The motor is for frame mockup purposes only...
Special shout-out/thanks go to Ralph at GT'S Hobbies in Compton CA for an awesome project roller. Dude was a pleasure to work with.
This is a slightly longer version of their classic frame, but with a gusseted bearing style steering neck, 1" live axle, disc brake, their taller drag style forks/bars, 8" "spinner" front wheel and pocket bike street tire and of course, that fatty rear go-kart slick. It will be disassembled boxed up and shipped out my way tomorrow after the addition of a steering stabilizer shock.
Excited to get this, to put together and put my stank on it. Due to timing and a really weak turn-out for both the "Drag Bike" class and zero(!?) entries into the "China" class, I'm sitting out of this year's Build-Off I guess... But, the streets of Denver will never be the same! lol! :thumbsup:
I'll keep the motor plans under wraps for now, but I'm kinda feeling an all "American" build on this one... But y'all know I love my clones and Predators.
I'm going to build this bike in memory of Duane Thomas. RIP

Last edited:
So, Compton-Denver-Detroit connection maybe.
I just watched a Duane Thomas Detroithoodtv video. Good winter time viewing when its cold and snowy out.

Daniel Coop

Got the front end mocked up tonight, and am stoked... This thing is super NICE. It's arrow straight, and the fitment is perfect. It's made from thick, heavy gauge steel and the welds are beautiful. The GT'S Hobbies crew does awesome work!

Daniel Coop

No kick stand required...stands up on her own.
last piece in for my motor.
Just a little something-something to start the season with.