The dreaded white siblings--snow and salt-- have arrived

Way out west in Portland, Or they are beginning to use salt on our highways. ODOT says it will help. I think the problem is mostly stupid drivers that won't change their insistence on going to work and out shopping when they honestly don't have too. When it is good weather stock up with supplies so you can overcome the need to go shopping every day.

WLB

I understand the need for the salt, Without it there would be hundreds of wrecks a day and maybe more with this new generation of cars that lull drivers into thinking the car will do all the work of keeping them alive and out of trouble. We had less than an inch of snow yesterday and at least a half inch of salt laid down with more at intersections. It's sure hard on the kind of old cars that I like.

EVOL, I wish I could say the same thing.

State and town Highway/ Roads departments need to exhaust their budgets so they can get more for next year, and the workers don't mind the over time. I've never heard of any department, town, city, state, or business, NOT having 'left over' funds.
The salt is a killer on cars and helps the roads become full of pot holes and cracks. But the snow is FUN. :clap::clap:

WLB

I have had beaters since I stopped buying new cars back in 1978. My 78 suburban has deteriorated to the beater class over the last 12 years I have had it but I dread the time when its just too far gone to drive any more. It came from the factory without air conditioning so it is special to me. I hate the looks of an air compressor and its attendant hoses and particularly the big housing on the firewall.

I always like to have a 73 to 87 Suburban. I like the looks of them and they are very useful.

I hate the looks of an air compressor and its attendant hoses and particularly the big housing on the firewall. .
LOL, I love the looks of an AC compressor so much that I chose to live in a place that never snows, doesn't freeze, and is currently 70 degrees and partly sunny.

Man, oh man, if only I loved an empty engine compartment as much as I did the lovely brown slush of snow, corroded quarter panels, and frozen water lines. :laugh:

All of my beaters have AC. My 67 Dodge RT came with factory AC that is still functional. That is how much I love AC. I'm a fool for AC, because it reminds me of how much I miss freezing my nuts off.

WLB

LOL, I love the looks of an AC compressor so much that I chose to live in a place that never snows, doesn't freeze, and is currently 70 degrees and partly sunny.

Man, oh man, if only I loved an empty engine compartment as much as I did the lovely brown slush of snow, corroded quarter panels, and frozen water lines. :laugh:

All of my beaters have AC. My 67 Dodge RT came with factory AC that is still functional. That is how much I love AC. I'm a fool for AC, because it reminds me of how much I miss freezing my nuts off.
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

I have had beaters since I stopped buying new cars back in 1978. My 78 suburban has deteriorated to the beater class over the last 12 years I have had it but I dread the time when its just too far gone to drive any more. It came from the factory without air conditioning so it is special to me. I hate the looks of an air compressor and its attendant hoses and particularly the big housing on the firewall.

I always like to have a 73 to 87 Suburban. I like the looks of them and they are very useful.
Suburbans have to be one of the most useful vehicles out there, prepare yourself if you go looking at the 2018's!

WLB

mini one, Suburbans are indeed very useful. I can't imagine having our farms without one. I would never consider buying any new car though. I'm an old dinosaur and have strongly held opinions about cars. I want to be the only thing in the car that thinks.