The Elite won a trophy

Last Saturday I took the Elite to a vintage show about 45 miles from home. The sled won the category for " most unique " and was a judges choice, not people's choice. I was amazed at the distance people travel for these things, but when you see the work some have done on their machines, I guess they should show them off.

Very cool sled.
I was sledding in the UP and ran across a old sled show...spent half the day there...what a great crowd of people!!

Last Saturday I took the Elite to a vintage show about 45 miles from home. The sled won the category for " most unique " and was a judges choice, not people's choice. I was amazed at the distance people travel for these things, but when you see the work some have done on their machines, I guess they should show them off. http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/photopost/data/500/04817.JPG

Back in the day that old Ski-doo was quite a high brow machine.
That was the thing to pull the ice hut out or do some significant running on the trail to the camp.

It was a more dignified way to ride with the wife ( with the top on and the radio playing )

Side by side sled. That is so cool. It deserves more than a trophy. It deserves a ribbon:doah::thumbsup: any more pics or a video of it moving? It is seriously cool. How does it corner?

I really appreciate the fact that there are people like you in the world keeping a small part of history alive. Alot of yougsters nowadays only know games and technology - sure they go hand in hand, but this is just awesome.

Well done Sir

Thanks for the compliments and I will try to answer some of your questions. The Elite does not corner well if the snow is hardpacked, unless you are going in reverse:laugh: If there is some softer snow, it does ok for turning, but there is a lot of track on the ground to deal with. I can take some video of it, but I am at a loss for how to get it on this website. Maybe someone can help me figure that out some day:shrug: As far as the wood one in the back, it is a reproduction Bombardier prototype from 1958. It was just finished last December and looks fantastic. I should have taken more (or better) pictures of it, but here is what I took that day.