The "Hot Cheeto's"-Bonanza 1300-Open Class

got a few parts from OldMiniBikes and other members this week. looks like an original bonanza fender , sprockets,jackshafts, repo bonanza shocks,foot pegs,grips bearings, collars,fork boots. cables and...

got a few parts from OldMiniBikes and other members this week. looks like an original bonanza fender , sprockets,jackshafts, repo bonanza shocks,foot pegs,grips bearings, collars,fork boots. cables and...
a dupor stock class clone, rejetted with a 4 stage exhaust... this thing hauls azz (bike in picture is test bike)...fun

Last edited:
Hot cheetos

The weather has been a bit cold for me to be comfortable when painting, but today was 60-65 deg with no wind. I took advantage and painted my prepped up rims with 5 coats of 500 degree duplicolor aluminum and 4 coats of 500 degree clear enamel.Then I hit the fiberglass chain guard with 2 coats of duplicolor adhesive and 5 coats of duplicolor 500 degree chevy engine block red/orange enamel.

Last edited:
i like those kidney rims. got one for the front of my bike...:thumbsup:that guard looks very nice
Thanx Ivan, I'm waiting for the paint to crack on the guard since it's been in the 20's at nite, not sure how the paint will cure?? and i like the kidney beans as well but my bike supposed to have go powers but since george3 hoards them all, I have to improvise..lol

update

here's what I got done yesterday and today.
acid etch the frame and forks.
primed the frame, a fender and the swing arm.
mounted the tires and sprocket to the rims.
...and added green food color to my beer to celebrate st patties day.

uuhh ohh

I ran into a snag after acid bathing the forks to remove some rust and free up the lowers... I guess i'm glad I did, this could have been painful if I had not checked at all. The bad part is the keepers and half the spring are still stuck in the upper tubes and I cant gettem out...but i did get the pipe painted.

george3

Thanx Ivan, I'm waiting for the paint to crack on the guard since it's been in the 20's at nite, not sure how the paint will cure?? and i like the kidney beans as well but my bike supposed to have go powers but since george3 hoards them all, I have to improvise..lol
I have a set but far from perfict I heard you wanted near perfict.

george3

I ran into a snag after acid bathing the forks to remove some rust and free up the lowers... I guess i'm glad I did, this could have been painful if I had not checked at all. The bad part is the keepers and half the spring are still stuck in the upper tubes and I cant gettem out...but i did get the pipe painted.
If your in my neck of the woods I can help you pop the uppers out. PM me and I will give you some ideas.

stuck forks

After applying some heat and beating em down, i finally got the keepers and remaining springs out f the fork tubes. Thanx to scooterboy and george3 for the tips. Forks got some primer and now I wait for my repop lowers from OldMiniBikes.I'm running quite a bit behind schedule so we will see if I make it by the deadline...I also got my custom gas tank back.